BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Tip for saving iDrive addresses with software update

Today I got my M3 back from the Paris dealer after they loaded the new ISTP/A (?) version to fix the DCT lag and the iDrive issues (as an aside, when I check the navigation version now, I see a screen that says ECE Test Maps 2008.2...before this screen was just blank..).

Now, when I got the car back I was happy to see that the music I had imported on the HD was still there, but all of my personal settings were erased, including the in-car address book (most of these entries are ones I stored when I was at the location so not easy to re-enter manually).

Bummer...except that I was still able to recall a number of these entries (but not all) because they still showed up in my "Last destinations" as well as being saved in "Trips" I had set up (which also were not erased).

So future workaround for this when I have the car going in for software updating is to quickly zip through the in-car address book and enter each one as a destinations (or if I have more than 10 or so, I will build a route around them). When I get the car back, I can call each one up and save them back on to the address list quickly without having to manually re-enter the address. Also, for any of the addresses that I can keep saved on my Blackberry, they will go in there first, because those are stored off the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Kash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 DCT AW/FR

thanks!

thanks for the info. Dealer is performing an ISTP/A update as part of the New IHKA & CIC replacement. This is a very useful information. I am pretty sure they will erase all my stored settings/driver profile...etc
      10-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

This would have helped if I had found it BEFORE the dealer just updated my software! Good trick
Appreciate 0