BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

**********s | Who's Ready for a Widebody???

**********s is proud to present the Evolution Racewerks Front End Widebody Kit for the 1 Series.

The Evolution Racewerks Front End Widebody Kit is sure to turn heads, and increase the handling potential of your vehicle exponentially. The widebody kit is 2.5" wider than stock on each side, for a total of 5" of increased track width, easily accommodating 10" wide wheels up front. No body modifications are required to install the widebody making this kit 100% reversible. The Evolution Racewerks Widebody kit is available three materials; fiberglass (FRP), wet carbon fiber, and ultra-lightweight dry vacuum carbon fiber.

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...debody_E82_MW5

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/EvolutionRacewerks/135i_Widebody/Dry_CF_2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/EvolutionRacewerks/135i_Widebody/Dry_CF_15.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/EvolutionRacewerks/135i_Widebody/Dry_CF_13.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/EvolutionRacewerks/135i_Widebody/Dry_CF_12.jpg[/IMG]

Applications

* 2008+ 128i/135i Coupe

Installation
The Evolution Racewerks Widebody kit is 100% bolt on. The kit can be be installed with basic hand tools at home, and does not require a professional body shop.

Materials Available
The Widebody Kit is available in 3 different composites. The Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) is the most economical of all the versions. It has a gel coated and then pre-primered for paint. Next up is the wet carbon fiber which traditionally is the process which all carbon fiber hoods and body kits are built. It is produced the same way as FRP except with carbon fiber sheets instead of fiberglass sheets. It is slightly lighter than the FRP. It comes gloss clear coated to show off the exposed carbon fiber weaves. Last, is our dry vacuum carbon fiber, which is lighter and stronger than the traditional wet carbon fiber. Resin is used to glue the layers of composite together and is heavy and brittle. The part is put into vacuum which pulls all the excess resin from the part. This allows the bare minimum of resin needed, making these parts super lightweight and strong. Below are the weight of all the composite parts versus the prototype part (which is modified OEM parts).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

wow this is really nice
      07-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
OMG I WANT. Although the front end looks a bit ill fitting especially the kidney grills.

Damn if I get this I'd have to get a new wheel setup again!
      07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

The kidney grills were not installed in the picture. We just put them over the hole to get the effect and take pictures. This particular kit is for a customer (WAY) and I didn't want to risk accidentally scratching his kit trying to pop the kidney grills in.

The widebody kit that is actually on our car is painted Alpine White like the rest of the car and has the kidney grills installed. It's on our website here: http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/product.php?prodid=66 . As you can see, no fitment issue there.

Get the kit from **********s. Be the first in your hood to sport it This kit seriously get TONS of attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
OMG I WANT. Although the front end looks a bit ill fitting especially the kidney grills.

Damn if I get this I'd have to get a new wheel setup again!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
looks good guys!
      07-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Hey Fred... yea I'm seriously considering it. I'm one of the first to be sporting your FMIC if I recall correctly (me and yandyr and another bought at the same time in miami). What offset do you run in the front with a 9.5 or 10" wheel now?

I'm gonna have to try and find a 9.5" or 10" square setup if I do this!

btw, I see the painted bumper has the tow hook, but it doesn't look like there's a cutout for the tow hook in the fiberglass version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Racewerks View Post
The kidney grills were not installed in the picture. We just put them over the hole to get the effect and take pictures. This particular kit is for a customer (WAY) and I didn't want to risk accidentally scratching his kit trying to pop the kidney grills in.

The widebody kit that is actually on our car is painted Alpine White like the rest of the car and has the kidney grills installed. It's on our website here: http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/product.php?prodid=66 . As you can see, no fitment issue there.

Get the kit from **********s. Be the first in your hood to sport it This kit seriously get TONS of attention.

Last edited by scorcherjf; 07-02-2009 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I wish it weren't just half a wide body. I want rears too, but I know how the OEM rear quarter panel is which makes that unlikely to ever happen.
      07-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

This seriously is a great kit and it will set you apart from everyone else out there!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
what about the rear????
      07-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #10
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
what about the rear????
+1
      07-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #11
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thank you very much for the support! Your support definitely helps us continue to bring out new products.

You can be the first on the East Coast sporting it . You'll be surprise how big the crowds will get around your car. We've had numerous invitations for magazine articles which we have refused at the moment. I've only gotten started with the car so I'm waiting until I get a few more secret parts on.

We run a 18x10 ET24 Forgeline ZX3R wheel in the front. This offset puts the inside of the new wheel exactly where the OEM front wheel used to sit. There is a bit of room to either go inside or outside. I haven't measured it but I think you can run up to a ET30 wheel in the front. This is assuming you're running a 10" wheel. If you run a smaller 9.5, you'll have a lot more room to play with as far as offsets go. You're welcome to e-mail me if you have questions regarding if certain offsets and sizes. I'll go through my notes and measurements and let you know if that'll work.

Due to the fact that some people may not want to have the tow hook cutout and want it flush, it was not cut. For cars that race, you want the front bumper to be as flush as possible. Holes will cause drag so you want to try to minimize it. Now, that doesn't mean you can't have it, it's just cutting out a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
Hey Fred... yea I'm seriously considering it. I'm one of the first to be sporting your FMIC if I recall correctly (me and yandyr and another bought at the same time in miami). What offset do you run in the front with a 9.5 or 10" wheel now?

I'm gonna have to try and find a 9.5" or 10" square setup if I do this!

btw, I see the painted bumper has the tow hook, but it doesn't look like there's a cutout for the tow hook in the fiberglass version?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #12
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Like with all the parts we make for the 135i, it comes directly from development from our race program. We don't water down the parts, it's the same exact part we race with. Our company has always had this philosophy in parts development and our loyal customers have all appreciated this about us.

Thus, with this, you get what we've tested to work. We didn't need a widebody in the rear. We were able to fit the size wheel and tire we needed back there. Rear traction was not a problem and the car handles exactly how we wanted it to. Why mess with something that works? Running a rear widebody at the moment would only be for aesthetic reasons and in fact hurt the handling of the car. Our car was built to race, not for car shows. Even still, I personally think we would take home trophy's at a car show based on the fact that whenever this car is in public, we get crowds around it.

It might seem awkward that the front end is widened but in person it doesn't look ackward. It's very subtle yet makes the car look very aggressive. We followed the factory lines and just tried to make it look as natural as possible. This is why I think aesthetically, it works. I personally like it this way and I think with the rear end widened it would lose it's appeal. We've gotten numerous compliments from people and fellow racers on how clean the car looks and how it's great it actually serves a purpose.

Another thing was that I was hesitant to cut up a brand new car as most of you guys would be too. To do the rear wide body correctly, you need to cut the sheetmetal in the rear quarter panel out (or else it would cut the widen tire) Then you would need to weld the quarter panel together, attach the rear fender flares and then paint the car. This would require a body shop to do the work and it would be permanent. Thus, if you're already at the body shop doing this work and you really want the rear wide body, you could just then have your body shop make the rear widebody for you as you would need to do so even if we offered the rear fender flares.

With the front end widebody, it's 100% bolt on. No modifications needed to the chassis and thus it can be put back to stock if need be. You can do it on your driveway with basic hand tools without even jacking up your car if you wanted to.

Now, one day, our car will make tons more power and will overcome the current rear traction (I'm guessing in the 500-600whp range). Then, we would need to increase rear traction and thus the rear widebody would be done and made available. But for majority of the people out there, you wouldn't need it.

Some will think that you won't be able to take advantage of the front traction on the street. We drive our car on the street with street tires and I'll tell you right now, with street tires, you can never have too much front traction. You point the wheels and it goes where you point, at speeds you never though possible. Everything is improved including braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I wish it weren't just half a wide body. I want rears too, but I know how the OEM rear quarter panel is which makes that unlikely to ever happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
what about the rear????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #13
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Sweet Jesus! I love that front!

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #14
SoQuick
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing now

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
2001 S8  [0.00]
Wow that is looking really cool
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #15
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Thank you to Fred and everyone else at Evolution Racewerks for their awesome products and continued support!

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions regarding this kit!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I was just gonna say that you stole my kit Fred! Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

LOL, I want to. It just looks so good on the car to take off hehe.

It's been taken off and packaged. Just waiting for the freight company to come pick it up. It's scheduled to be picked up early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I was just gonna say that you stole my kit Fred! Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #18
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

thats hot
      07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
thats hot
That's an understatement
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #20
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

I can't wait to fit this up, car is at the shop now and we are just waiting for the parts to arrive
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: i3, 335i GT, e46 M3 vert SC

can it be made to work with the headlight washers ???? i like to keep is as close to stock as possible .... but still get the WOW effect!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
I can't wait to fit this up, car is at the shop now and we are just waiting for the parts to arrive
Be sure to post the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
can it be made to work with the headlight washers ???? i like to keep is as close to stock as possible .... but still get the WOW effect!
I really don't see why not, cut here and here and BOOM! Sleeper look with a killers swag
Appreciate 0