BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
brian.toth
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Question Syncing street addresses with iPhone & 2009 iDrive?

Hello,

I've been reading this site for a year now and finally picked up a 2009 135i this Monday.

Something I was expecting to work, but isn't 100%, is the syncing of street addresses between the iDrive and my iPhone 3G. If I go into Contacts, and select one of my phone's contacts, it only shows the State and ZIP Code, but not the rest of the address.

Now, I had mistakenly "upgraded" to the 3.0 iPhone firmware for development purposes, but it is kinda buggy. So, I was curious if the street address syncing worked with the previous 2.2.1 firmware before I go to the trouble of erasing my phone and doing it all over.

If the iPhone doesn't work at all, has anyone had luck with another brand of phone that does sync 100% of its information with the car? I own my own service business and spend all day driving between customer's homes, so it'd be a great feature to take advantage of.

Thanks for any advise.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
nszzya
Drive Different
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F15 '17 F87

I've noticed a lack of address syncing over bluetooth. I haven't played with it very much, but will do so this weekend and post back. I think that the Smartphone Integration option (6NF) will sync contact addresses. I believe it can be added if you don't have it. Can anyone with Smartphone Integration confirm whether addresses are synced? Not sure if snapping the phone in would be convenient for you though. You may want to read this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ne+integration

Also, have you tried selecting the address for guidance even though the street doesn't appear? I'm wondering if it is a display issue and if the street address is there. I seem to remember when I say "My Contacts" and the contact name, there is a prompt to call or for guidance.

Last edited by nszzya; 04-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Additional Comment
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
brian.toth
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

My car did happen to come with the smartphone integration option. I wasn't sure about the practicality of inserting my iPhone into the holder every time I got into the car, and having to remove my phone's case each time as well. Though if it made it work that would be worthwhile to me.

Interestingly, even though it shows the state and ZIP on the Contact's information screen, if I choose it as a destination, nothing is filled-in and I still have to manually type in the address. Same deal if I go into the Edit Contact screen, the phone number is there but no address. So it looks like it's only displaying the info, but not in any useable format. Odd.

I'll see if anyone else has any experience with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
nszzya
Drive Different
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F15 '17 F87

I just tried selecting a contact and was given the choice to either call or start guidance. When I said "Start Guidance", the response was that there was no destination information.
Appreciate 0