BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Review: Riss racing products...

I have had my Riss products installed long enough to where I think I can make a good review. All of the parts were installed in my garage with fairly basic tools and drive up ramps.

RR intake system: this was my first RR product to install, and WOW... The sound of the turbos and the throatiness it added was intoxicating... The throttle response seemed to be better, and it paired very well with the JB3 I have installed in the car. I have this paired with the intake plenum and scoops, and I have yet to see anything that can outperform this combo to date

RR Catless downpipes and 02 sims: These were the most difficult parts to install, but man are they worth it. I was amazed at the performance increase that they offered, as well as a consistent 10-20 degree temp reduction. (I would guess by removing the two two stock ovens they call cats sitting against the engine.) When going along at lower speeds, the turbo whine is incredible, and is still fairly quiet while going along peacefully. Once you jump on the car though, it sounds like an animal, and is very deep and throaty sounding. The only complaint I have is cold starts are fairly loud for the first 30 seconds or so, but that is expected when you are removing cats.

RR Oil Catch Can: This is a major safety part, and would have to be crazy not to own... As I took apart the intake tract, and it was very oily after only 8k miles. The OCC kit fits well, and looks very good in the engine bay (I went with the black anodized finish)... I will post up a review after emptying the canister for the first time.

CDV delete: This is a must for any performance enthusiast driving a manual transmission. it makes shifting much smoother and easier, and made a world of difference in the feel of the car. The best mod for the money I have ever purchased.

I will be sure to post pics this week...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Pics as promised:

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Nice review, I've been really happy with the Riss products on my car too.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Great review... Looks sexy under your hood...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

If I wasn't paying for my girlfriend to go to college, I'd be picking up their intake system in a heartbeat. I love the way it looks in the engine bay.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
If I wasn't paying for my girlfriend to go to college, I'd be picking up their intake system in a heartbeat. I love the way it looks in the engine bay.
Yeah. The intake looks nice. Form following function.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
Yeah. The intake looks nice. Form following function.
Exactly my thoughts... usually when you make something for function, it ends up looking great also

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Appreciate 0