BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

How Long Before I Can Track Shipping Vessel?

My car was listed as "En Route" on Friday, but when I enter the VIN into the shipping company's website, I get "No Record Found." How much longer shouldI expect it to say this?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

I am not 100% sure, but I thought it would be pretty quickly.

Another thing to consider is that your car may not be in the boat you think. Have you confirmed with your CA about the shipping company? I read the thread and there it said my car should've gone with Wallemius or whatever their name is. Instead, it went with a vessel from K-line.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Mine changed to En Route on Thursday morning, so it's possible we're on the same ship (Fedora).

Check with your CA. He will be able to find out for sure.

I haven't been able to find any additional information using the VIN, although others have. It probably depends on the company that owns the ship.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
Mine changed to En Route on Thursday morning, so it's possible we're on the same ship (Fedora).

Check with your CA. He will be able to find out for sure.

I haven't been able to find any additional information using the VIN, although others have. It probably depends on the company that owns the ship.
Strange...you said your CA said it'd be at the dealership on the 29th. My car gets on a vessel the same day or the day after, and my Performance Center delivery isn't until March 16th. Makes me wonder if maybe it'll be ready earlier.... need to just call my CA and get this answered before I go insane!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
Strange...you said your CA said it'd be at the dealership on the 29th. My car gets on a vessel the same day or the day after, and my Performance Center delivery isn't until March 16th. Makes me wonder if maybe it'll be ready earlier.... need to just call my CA and get this answered before I go insane!
Yeah - I would think your car would be available sooner than mine, since mine is a west coast delivery, which should take about 3x longer.

Maybe the delay is caused by the available slots in the schedule at the Perf Delivery center.

Man, I wish I could do Perf Delivery, but there's nothing on the west coast and I don't feel like driving back all that distance.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Find out the ships name and get the bill of lading number. I used the bill of lading to track my ship. Vin never worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alow View Post
I am not 100% sure, but I thought it would be pretty quickly.

Another thing to consider is that your car may not be in the boat you think. Have you confirmed with your CA about the shipping company? I read the thread and there it said my car should've gone with Wallemius or whatever their name is. Instead, it went with a vessel from K-line.
Yep - my car is on K-Line. It'll be arriving in Charleston on Feb 12. Kind of sucks that I have to wait over a month from the time it hits US soil until I actually get it. I guess availability at the performance center screwed me over. Strangely waiting for it to go into production, get on the boat, etc. didn't bother me, but now that I know it's going to be in the US soon, I'm going nuts!
Appreciate 0