BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
RXC135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Blue Water 135i Coupe

Garmin Nuvi going to data transfer mode?

I have been using my Nuvi more recently since I have moved to a new location and often leave it plugged into the power socket. Sometimes when I start the car instead of the Nuvi turning on it navigation mode it acts like it is communicating with my car and puts itself into data transfer mode. I cannot get to the navigation screen unless I unplug and replug my Nuvi. Also on occasion I will get a message indicating that an accessory is not supported.....Why and how is my Nuvi trying to communicate to my car through the power cord? If it makes any difference I am plugging into the side jack and not through the back plate/mount.

Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
MOCKBA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 convertible

Do you connect it to USB or cigarette lighter?
      01-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
RXC135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Blue Water 135i Coupe

Cigarette lighter. I wonder if it is because of connecting it via the side jack and not with the power routed through the mounting bracket. Just wonder what signal it is picking up.
Appreciate 0