BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
bimmerBaron
this space for rent
United_States
Rep
Drives: null

iPhone snap-in adapter interference?

Hi all,

I recently picked up my 09 135i ( and many thanks to everyone's advice in various threads, I've been lurking for a little while) and bought the iPhone snap-in adapter. The thing is, I seem to have some problems with it:

- When listening to music on the stereo from the iphone when it is plugged in to the adapter there will occasionally be GSM interference noise coming from the right side speaker. This doesn't happen when playing music through the ipod connector cable under the armrest.
- The sound quality of the music seems worse (specifically, a lack of bass) when compared to using the iPod connector cable.

Does this happen to anyone else? The adapter seems sort of pointless if this is 'normal'..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Ibedon
1More
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Coupe

Where did you get your snap in adapter? Was is for the 3G?

I have been checking with the dealer where I purchased my 135, and they tell me that the part is not available from BMW yet, but soon. And when I put in the part number to check with Dan at United, it comes up as not available, as well.

I would like to have the snap in adapter but if it has quality issues, I may have to reconsider.
      01-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
bimmerBaron
this space for rent
United_States
Rep
Drives: null

No, mine is for the first gen iPhone. I was originally told it was part 84 21 9 164 213, but when I received it the part # printed on it is 84 10 9 164 213 (the 21 changed to a 10 :iono. This one supports the 6NF smartphone integration option.

I think the 3g 6NF adapter is 84 21 2 151 043? Not sure, you will have to confirm but I found these part numbers off of this m3forum post.

Still unsure if the problems are just me or not!
Appreciate 0