BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
Deemonseed
Rep
Drives:

COnnecting Sirius to the Shark Fin in 128 Convertible

How do you make a connection of a Sirius (Stilletto 2) to the shark fin?

How do you route this cable to the front of the car?

I know there is a thread here on what cable to use, does anyone know if this cable is available in a retail store (not just on line)?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I haven't fouind the cable anywhere in Sirius/XM stores where I have looked, it's not a normal cable you'd need for installing Sirius into your car. I used the online site that's in the thread, arrived in a week, and did the job perfectly.

I have my Sirius unit, in front of my arm-rest. The audio cable is then inserted in to the Aux port, power comes from the Cig Adapter under the arm rest.

I have run the cable from the connector in the trunk, under the floor, down the side of the seat, under the front of the seat. There is about 3" exposed on the top of the drive shaft hump to the rear of the console. I have then run it under the console, and up out of the handbrake leather boot to my Sirius.

Here's how it looks: