BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
ksgreendmd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i coupe

drivers side tail light illuminated

Hi: I have discovered that the driver's side rear tail light remains faintly illuminated after powering the vehicle down and removing the key. The front light on that side is not illuminated. Is this some variation of the European safety parking light? If so it does not reset after restarting the vehicle. I there a software setting to turn this off, or is there a malfunction somewhere? My vehicle has about 1300 miles- a 135i with Sports and Premium Pkgs. I am scheduled to bring the car in to the service dept. at West German in Fort Washington on Thursday PM. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks- Kevan
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

It should not stay on. To turn on the euro parking light, leave the signal light stalk on left or right when you turn the ignition off. Get them to fix it, as it will waer the battery down.
Appreciate 0