BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-27-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Coming soon; E39M5 powered E24

Qld Raceway V8 Racers

Had a birthday recently and got given 8 laps around QR in a mock up V8 Supercar.
Here's the cars http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/...cex_index.html

Got to say for those who don't want to take your own car around the track but still feel the need to flog the backside out of something around the track then these things are worth a drive.

They're fully stripped, full cage, seats/harnesses, slicks & track suspension. On the performance front its limited to a short shifter, side pipes (read: fkn loud) and a mild re-tune.
I have driven a few tuned V8's and this felt like it had around the 400pony mark.
None the less in a stripped out, stiffened car with slicks it made for a fun drive.

When i worked for BMW I had the opportunity to drive a 335 around QR when it was released and although the speed on the straight was very similar (around 180) you have got to love the grip of a sticky set of slicks when warmed up, even if it was in a taxi

So if anyone is looking for some fun for only a few hundred, it's well worth it:thumbup: do 8 laps though as you won't want to get out.
      10-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #2
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

$300 for 8 laps seems pretty exy?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
You'll have to bring your new 1'er to the Saturday Arvo spints, Jaymz.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Coming soon; E39M5 powered E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedeau View Post
$300 for 8 laps seems pretty exy?
Compared to everything else, its actually very cheap. And if your compare it to putting your own car in the wall, no comparison.
But hey, its not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Yes will do, might be a little while longer for mine though, have put mine off for a few months until this market picks back up.

Happy to bring the diesel GT out for a burn though, would be quite funny. Let me know when you're going out next, would be good to meet up.
      10-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I think it's pretty reasonable! Wonder how much it is in Vic...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz View Post
Had a birthday recently and got given 8 laps around QR in a mock up V8 Supercar.
Here's the cars http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/...cex_index.html

Got to say for those who don't want to take your own car around the track but still feel the need to flog the backside out of something around the track then these things are worth a drive.

They're fully stripped, full cage, seats/harnesses, slicks & track suspension. On the performance front its limited to a short shifter, side pipes (read: fkn loud) and a mild re-tune.
I have driven a few tuned V8's and this felt like it had around the 400pony mark.
None the less in a stripped out, stiffened car with slicks it made for a fun drive.

When i worked for BMW I had the opportunity to drive a 335 around QR when it was released and although the speed on the straight was very similar (around 180) you have got to love the grip of a sticky set of slicks when warmed up, even if it was in a taxi

So if anyone is looking for some fun for only a few hundred, it's well worth it:thumbup: do 8 laps though as you won't want to get out.

Sounds great, being a V8 man myself I'll have to give this a shot next time I'm in Queensland.

I'll be going to Hamilton Island for a few days in January - see if I can get round to it then :smile:
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Indeed! I'll be heading to the track sometime in the new year.