BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
It's the Taiko!!! Due on the 18th of October.

Ok, because I'm hopelessly devolving into an OCD mess about the wait on the delivery of our new car, I've narrowed down the ships to one of the following:
  1. the Mignon, which departs on the 31st of August,
  2. the Toronto, which departs on the 10th of September, or
  3. the Taiko, which departs on the 7th of September.
This is given the car is probably sitting either on a conveyor belt, dyno machine or carpark somewhere in Leipzig this week.

I think I should be able to confirm mid-next week which one it's on. This will also be good because I can stop punching my chassis no. into the WW website every few hours

All these fine (and I'm sure very sea-worthy) vessels arrive within a couple of days of each other on the 14th, 16th and 18th of October. Will the "3-grand carwash" of dealer delivery mentioned elsewhere, I guess I should have wheels in about 2 months.

Oh the agony of it all This is my first time since I was 17 that I haven't had a motorbike or car to my name.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Ok, because I'm hopelessly devolving into an OCD mess about the wait on the delivery of our new car, I've narrowed down the ships to one of the following:
  1. the Mignon, which departs on the 31st of August,
  2. the Toronto, which departs on the 10th of September, or
  3. the Taiko, which departs on the 7th of September.
This is given the car is probably sitting either on a conveyor belt, dyno machine or carpark somewhere in Leipzig this week.

I think I should be able to confirm mid-next week which one it's on. This will also be good because I can stop punching my chassis no. into the WW website every few hours

All these fine (and I'm sure very sea-worthy) vessels arrive within a couple of days of each other on the 14th, 16th and 18th of October. Will the "3-grand carwash" of dealer delivery mentioned elsewhere, I guess I should have wheels in about 2 months.

Oh the agony of it all This is my first time since I was 17 that I haven't had a motorbike or car to my name.
How do you source all this info Matt? Does anything show up on the WW site yet? It doesn't for me so far.

Maybe you should buy my E30 325i & use it until your 135 arrives. I can always potter around on the bike...
      08-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the offer, Tim, but it's all good.

I owned a nicely tuned MY06 WRX which I sold a couple of weeks ago. My preference was to sell it before the new car arrived so neither of them had to live outside the garage.

When I did the deal on the 135i, the salesman had agreed to lend me the M3 for the weekend but since he's been away the guy who I was transferred to is "I don't know anything about that, you'll have to talk to Guy No.1 when he comes back"

I've uploaded the file with the info for you too
Attached Images
File Type: pdf tradeRouteSearch.pdf (14.0 KB, 277 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Thanks Matt! Who've you been dealing with? I started with Wayne (on leave...?) & now have Jason.

I was hoping to take the 325 to the Lakeside track day next Thursday but doubt I'll be able to escape from work. I'm looking forward to letting 135 loose on the track!
      08-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I was thinking of doing some of the BMW Driver Training courses. They're not exactly cheap but it could be a good programme to undertake over time.

http://www.bmw.com.au/scripts/main.a...=65&intNavOp=3
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #6
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
I was thinking of doing some of the BMW Driver Training courses. They're not exactly cheap but it could be a good programme to undertake over time.

http://www.bmw.com.au/scripts/main.a...=65&intNavOp=3
Just come to one of the BMW club track days. Much cheaper and there are guys there who can train you including current and ex racers. I've learn't so much by taking my E30 & bike to the track. You can discover your limits without fear of crashing into anything!
      08-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #7
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

there's a pretty long waiting list for the BMW driver training courses - almost as long as the 135 wait time in sydney!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Well TimMc, looks like you're on the Mignon, congrats!

I'm still not showing up, I guess (hope?) my 135 is being built later in the production week.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Sounds good Matt! Unfortunately the Mignon looks to go via Seth Efrica while the later ships don't. So even if you're on one of the later ships it shouldn't get here much later - and you might have less salt air exposure...
      09-01-2008, 05:04 AM   #10
100fires
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sports

This is my first post, as I have just been given my VIN number.
I too am trying to figure out which ship and when I will get my 125 Sports, as I was an August build. The W&W website still doesn't show my car, but I am hoping it will soon.

I also bought my car from Brisbane BMW. Wayne was very helpful, but with him being away (on leave ?) it has been difficult to get more information.

I haven't had a car since late June, as I sold my Accord Euro, believing that I would get my car around August
Renting cars on a weekly basis is starting to get to me now, and I cant wait to get the 1.

FYI - I ordered a 125i, Black Saphire, M Sports package, Xenon, 10 speaker.
Think I got a good deal (Corporate package - EPP), but came very close to canceling order and buying used M3.

Anyhow, I will post if I find out which ship I'm on, but also look forward to more info from fellow 1addicts
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 05:06 AM   #11
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

Congrats 100fires! Good luck tracking your order.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 05:18 AM   #12
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100fires View Post
This is my first post, as I have just been given my VIN number.
I too am trying to figure out which ship and when I will get my 125 Sports, as I was an August build. The W&W website still doesn't show my car, but I am hoping it will soon.

I also bought my car from Brisbane BMW. Wayne was very helpful, but with him being away (on leave ?) it has been difficult to get more information.

I haven't had a car since late June, as I sold my Accord Euro, believing that I would get my car around August
Renting cars on a weekly basis is starting to get to me now, and I cant wait to get the 1.

FYI - I ordered a 125i, Black Saphire, M Sports package, Xenon, 10 speaker.
Think I got a good deal (Corporate package - EPP), but came very close to canceling order and buying used M3.

Anyhow, I will post if I find out which ship I'm on, but also look forward to more info from fellow 1addicts
TimMc and myself also dealt with Wayne and agree that since he left it hasn't been what you'd call a seamless transition to the new person.

I was told I would have my car by mid September at the latest

I'm hoping my car shows up on the WW site soon so I can stop compsulsively checking it :eyebulge: but like it's going to make the next 8 weeks go any quicker...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #13
imported_pacman
Private
Rep
Drives:

So Mattyv did you end up finding out which ship your car is on. I know mine is the Mignon and is currently steaming its way to South Africa then some Island Country I have never heard of before. Then Australia bound the long way I must say. Hopefully it makes the transition from Dock to Dealer quick. My X3 which I also bought from Brisbane BMW arrived in Brisbane on the 10th May and I got the car on the 23rd May.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
So Mattyv did you end up finding out which ship your car is on. I know mine is the Mignon and is currently steaming its way to South Africa then some Island Country I have never heard of before. Then Australia bound the long way I must say. Hopefully it makes the transition from Dock to Dealer quick. My X3 which I also bought from Brisbane BMW arrived in Brisbane on the 10th May and I got the car on the 23rd May.
No

I've been checking *ahem* a couple of times a day and still nothing. Dealer assures me it's done, but if it doesn't show up by the end of the month I reckon I'll get him to check with the stock controller and send me something.

I've read a few people say sometimes it show's up mid-voyage for some reason? My VIN is
WBAUC72010VF19057
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
imported_pacman
Private
Rep
Drives:

Well Mattyv,

Not that this is what you want to hear but mine didnt show up until the day it was received at the Dock in Germany. Since you got your car from Brisbane BMW as I did ask them to give you a screendump of *-- UNITS ORDER MAINTENANCE --* Thats what my salesman Josh did he just emailed me the screen dump. It will have all the details including your VIN and shipment details Make Sure you have the correct VIN. I did a search using my Booking# DEBRB680175 this shows you all the VINS booked under this number Couldnt see yours but I increased the Booking number by 1 and it shows me more VINS I guess you can try playing around with it until you find yours But just check first with BMW to confirm they gave you the correct VIN as it looks like there are 7 of your Models "UC72" on the ship. Hope that all makes sense
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #16
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Well Mattyv,

Not that this is what you want to hear but mine didnt show up until the day it was received at the Dock in Germany. Since you got your car from Brisbane BMW as I did ask them to give you a screendump of *-- UNITS ORDER MAINTENANCE --* Thats what my salesman Josh did he just emailed me the screen dump. It will have all the details including your VIN and shipment details Make Sure you have the correct VIN. I did a search using my Booking# DEBRB680175 this shows you all the VINS booked under this number Couldnt see yours but I increased the Booking number by 1 and it shows me more VINS I guess you can try playing around with it until you find yours But just check first with BMW to confirm they gave you the correct VIN as it looks like there are 7 of your Models "UC72" on the ship. Hope that all makes sense
I have obtained the following screenshot from the dealer (Rob's turning out to be a great guy IMO). VIN is spot on, I guess it's just taking a while to show up on WW RoRo.

Anyone know what "RS" status refers to?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #17
imported_pacman
Private
Rep
Drives:

Yeah thats the shot I got from Josh I had the same status dont know what it means. I was like you checking every day seeing if I could find the ship it was going to be on. But as I mentioned before my VIN didnt show up until it was delivered at the Dock despite showing a booking date back in August. So taking that into account I would say yours will be on one of these ships (TAIKO arrives 18/10 FIDELIO arrives 20/10 or TAMERLANE arrives 27/10) Just pray those Hurricanes calm down as these ships all go via the east coast of the US
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #18
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I was thinking the Mignon with a couple of the other guys who were on week 35.

It's due in Brisbane on the 14th all things being equal.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:49 AM   #19
100fires
Enlisted Member
Rep

My car is on the Mignon !!!!!

All thanks to you pacman... Well....... all thanks to you for posting the Booking Number (DEBRB680175). I checked the VINs and realized that the VIN I was given was missing a number (WBAUC3250VH95136 instead of WBAUC32050VH95136). So it looks like I'll have the car before the end of October. Bad news is that I will be out of the country, so, either way, I'll have to wait.

I guess we'll all need to get together for a drive, once all our cars have arrived.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:52 AM   #20
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
What is the WW site? I have my VIN but no means of tracking my car. I wonder if the system you use works for us? Not that mine needs to go on a ship... but I'd like to know if it has left the factory.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #21
100fires
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi 123D-M.
The WW site, is the website for the ocean cargo carrier, so I guess this will not be of any use to you, as your car is is not going on a ship.
Not sure how else you can track it, but I am sure someone in this forum may be able to help.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #22
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
123D-M go to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/ and click on RoRo tracking, then input your full VIN.

Unless you're me, then it just wont show up anyway :P

I even did the search using the booking number and it doesn't turn up there either.

Sooooo frustrating.
Appreciate 0