BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
VonBeige
Very Beige!
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cashmere Beige Vert

The BeigeMobile has arrived!!

Hi fellow 1addicts, Just picked up my new 120i vert yesterday arvo from the dealer.

Boy what a interesting day it has been whilst driving it! Now i know the 2 litre engine couldnt pull a sailor off its sister.... however once rolling i was quite surprised at how zippy it can be. It can lift its skirt up and zoom in and around traffic very easily, which is where this particular car will spend 98 percent of its time. Handling is quite nice, smooth and with very minimal roll, though i dare say i wont be finding the limits of tyre adhesion anytime soon with that engine. Ohhhh and she tramlines and bobs a bit more than other cars ive had which have had similar and larger sized wheels. But then again thats probably due to the runflats and of course Sydneys third world roads.....

Also Apart from the enjoying the driving aspect i was quite errr embarrassed to be honest at how much attention the car gets! Im presuming because at the moment the 1 series vert is rather new to Sydney roads and most people havent seen one yet, and of course that its a good looking car :wink:

I even had one yobbo in the backseat of a 4wd decide to start a convo with me at a set of traffic lights and proceeded to tell me how good looking the car was and asked me all sorts of questions about it!! Having always driven anonymous discreet dull sedans im really not used to the attention and i suppose i should have realised what i was getting myself into by driving a vert

Heres some quick and rough snaps i took today on the go. Hopefully if i get time later this week i'll take some decent semi pro shots with some scenery in the background etc....

We got any other Beige *cough* Cashmere silver cars/owners in Oz here?

Cheers

Anthony

Another Happy 1 owner :thumbup:

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Congrats Anthony..
Car looks fantastic..:thumbup:

Sylvania BMW by the looks of things..

3.17 am...you must of had a good night to be still awake and posting at that time..:biggrin:

Are you going to join us next Sunday for Coffee??:wink:

Would be great to have another vert along..:headbang:
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
VonBeige
Very Beige!
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cashmere Beige Vert

Thanks Joe, also gotta give Sylvania a big +1, awesome to deal with compared to the other Bmw dealers ive been to in Sydney. Would easily recommend them to anyone living south of the bridge in Sydney whos looking for a new BMW. :respekt:

Next sunday sounds good , count me in :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Looks fantastic! Good colour combo

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
TimH
Symptoms of 135i denial..
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 120i Sydney Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBeige View Post
Hi fellow 1addicts, Just picked up my new 120i vert yesterday arvo from the dealer.

Boy what a interesting day it has been whilst driving it! Now i know the 2 litre engine couldnt pull a sailor off its sister.... however once rolling i was quite surprised at how zippy it can be. It can lift its skirt up and zoom in and around traffic very easily, which is where this particular car will spend 98 percent of its time. Handling is quite nice, smooth and with very minimal roll, though i dare say i wont be finding the limits of tyre adhesion anytime soon with that engine. Ohhhh and she tramlines and bobs a bit more than other cars ive had which have had similar and larger sized wheels. But then again thats probably due to the runflats and of course Sydneys third world roads.....

We got any other Beige *cough* Cashmere silver cars/owners in Oz here?

Cheers

Anthony
I have a 120i and a beige (E30) , but not combined :wink:
I'm quite happy with the performance of the 120, although mine is lighter than the vert and is manual. Even the 118i auto courtesy cars are quite nippy around town.
You do have enough power to find the limits btw :biggrin:

I also agree that Sylvania are the best dealership I have dealt with, and are only a few hundred metres from home too !
Appreciate 0