BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Dinan and Cruise Control

Just a note that two of us on this forum (me and Ansun) have had our cruise control fail after the Dinan install.

Mine was subsequently reflashed by BMW and CC is working now. I'm on a trip but once I return I will call Dinan about this issue because I really like their tune better but it's a bit ridiculous that it should interfere with CC.

So just a heads up that there appears to be an issue with this. (at least 2 data points).

I posted in this thread rather than the maintenance thread so that people are informed of the possibility prior to making the decision to install the Dinan software; however, mods feel free to move as you see fit.
      05-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Good looking out +1
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
Just a note that two of us on this forum (me and Ansun) have had our cruise control fail after the Dinan install.

Mine was subsequently reflashed by BMW and CC is working now. I'm on a trip but once I return I will call Dinan about this issue because I really like their tune better but it's a bit ridiculous that it should interfere with CC.

So just a heads up that there appears to be an issue with this. (at least 2 data points).

I posted in this thread rather than the maintenance thread so that people are informed of the possibility prior to making the decision to install the Dinan software; however, mods feel free to move as you see fit.
Thanks for the info but I never use it anyway. I'm sure they'll fix the problem asap after hearing about it from customers like yourself.