BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-07-2024, 09:21 AM   #1
Plexis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Clear Permanent Code? or No?

I had to replace a MAF sensor after it generated a permanent error code for my F10. Previously when I had a permanent code for my E60 I would take it to my friends shop and he could clear all errors without issue. I went to a local small euro shop yesterday that could not clear the code. He told me that it has to be driven a number of cycles before it resolves.

Is this true?

Does most advanced code readers (dealer) still have the ability to clear all codes immediatly?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 02:21 PM   #2
Hornet-01
Private First Class
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW 550 xdrive

Garage List
2011 550ix  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexis View Post
I had to replace a MAF sensor after it generated a permanent error code for my F10. Previously when I had a permanent code for my E60 I would take it to my friends shop and he could clear all errors without issue. I went to a local small euro shop yesterday that could not clear the code. He told me that it has to be driven a number of cycles before it resolves.

Is this true?

Does most advanced code readers (dealer) still have the ability to clear all codes immediatly?

Thanks
You can erase errors using ISTA.
Also, the Bimerlink application is on the phone and you need a Bluetooth adapter such as ELM, XHP, Bootmod.
You can also programmatically completely remove MAF and then you will not return to this problem. Air will be counted according to MAP
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 01:25 PM   #3
Plexis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

I appreciate your response !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 09:34 PM   #4
AKRM2C
Just an F Series Owner
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

If its permanent, then i dont think just by clearing it will fix it. My m5 f10 also has a permanent code on the mafs after a valvecover gasket replacement. Tried just resetting itu with a scanner, still there since its permanent.

The workshop then do a relearn procedure and reset all adaptations, and etc. And the permanent maf fault went away. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 11:07 PM   #5
turbosauce
Rep
Drives: 13' F10 M5

ISTA can clear any and every error in every single ECU. That’s the only way to clear permanent errors. Just did this on my mother’s 528i a few days ago.

ISTA is the Mack Daddy of all scanners, handhelds, etc. Nothing beats it.
Appreciate 0