Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-23-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
JQ94_F32
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i

M5 F90 Shifter knob on M4

For some this might be sacrigilige. For others pure art. Can’t say. I found the ‘old’ M4 shifter knob something from another era.

I bought a M5 performance shifter knob. https://bmwshop.ekris.nl/nl/accessoi...RoCh50QAvD_BwE

Sorry it’s in Dutch. But the pictures tell the story.

I wrapped over the park and gear shift aggression knobs.

I did have to saw a part of the original metal rod of, although the part where the bolt goes through for the OG knob is still there. So you have to be willing to do that.

Next I assembled the M5 shifter and put it over.

In the internal pieces of this shifter you can brake some stuff of, so you can put the original LED cable and circuit board in so all the lights work. They coincidentally have the exact same spacing and place as our OG M4 shifter.

You have to use a tiny bit of superglue to force everything to stick again after and I used some more to make sure of placement below. There is 1 hole in the new shift knob which I used to put in the screw retaining the original knob. Just to apply some pressure. Works flawlessly.

Fitment works, lights works, is tight. You may judge me. I like it, don’t believe anyone else did this before. Installed the carbon + Alcantara trim in the meantime.

Appreciate 1
Gunzy81.00