BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: Which muffler with the HFC Quad Resonated X-Pipe.
Amuse Ericsson 0 0%
Borla ATAK 1 100.00%
Meisterschaft GT 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

11-13-2023, 08:51 PM   #1
HoldingOn
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Help me decide on exhaust with HFC Quad Resonated X-Pipe. (GT vs ATAK vs Amuse)

Hello, I know there's plenty of threads and you won't believe how many different threads I've looked at and how many times I've looked at them over and over again as well as video/audio clips.

Long story short I have three exhausts in my possession (I'm not rich, just jump on anything I deem a good deal/won't lose money on).

Anyway, I have accumulated a Meisterschaft GT, Borla ATAK and Amuse Ericsson.

I also run the Amuse X-Pipe (100 Cell HFC + Quad Resonators), I love this X-Pipe and the performance and sound improvements and don't think I'll ever swap it for anything else, for discussion sake treat it like any other HFC Quad Resonated X-Pipe.

Recently I've been swapping out the exhausts every two weeks or so and these are the conclusions I've come to but I'm bad at taking an ultimate decision as I do wish to sell two exhausts to fund other things.

Amuse Ericsson
Best looking of the bunch, titanium, weighs nothing but the sound is a let down. It does have its own individual note but its quite mute compared to the GT and ATAK, I think this most likely will go, probably comparable to the Akrapovic and MPE.

Borla ATAK
I think this looks better than the Meisterschaft GT but appears to be very bassy and deep in comparison. I like how lightweight it is and allows the diff cover to be seen due to the split design. It sounds pretty good but maybe not my style?

Meisterschaft GT
Decent looking, just doesn't look as good as either the Amuse or Borla imo. It's hard to judge from inside the car but seems to be louder than the ATAK nearly all the time, it also hasn't lost its signature note with the HFC quad resonated pipe and seems to drone less than the ATAK? The note from low to high rev changes.

A part of me thinks its down to the GT and ATAK, have any others had/tried/listened to both and picked one over the other or come to the same conclusion in regards to tone that I have?

Exhausts rarely come up for sale in Australia, at least for a decent price so I don't see myself trying anything else for the foreseeable future.

I have clips of:

Amuse X-Pipe + Amuse Muffler (https://photos.app.goo.gl/N1nNL9e5NVVUCFEW7)
OEM X-Pipe + Meisterschaft GT (https://photos.app.goo.gl/4jDegf2DrTqmKKRi6)

I will take clips soon of the:
Amuse X-Pipe + Meisterschaft GT
Amuse X-Pipe + Borla ATAK

Price is also a factor, I can sell the Amuse for 3000aud, the GT for 2500aud, the ATAK for 2000aud.
Appreciate 0