BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-18-2023, 09:18 PM   #1
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Anyone go from M3 to GT-R?

Thinking about making the jump from my M3 to a R35 GT-R (again...). Has anyone done it and still hangs around the forums? Has it filled the void where you needed it?

Additional info, I say "again" as right before COVID I was about to make the jump to get a GT-R but on the way to purchase one my car did crash things as if it was an act of God. So I didn't go buy the GT-R.
      08-18-2023, 09:50 PM   #2
Bmwdeven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 m3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I’ve never driven a GTR personally but I’ve driven similar performance cars. For whatever reason nothing quite feels like a dialed in m3. Can’t ever see myself selling mine, may very well drive it into the ground. Have you considered dropping a super charger in if you don’t have one already?
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2023, 11:58 PM   #3
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwdeven View Post
I’ve never driven a GTR personally but I’ve driven similar performance cars. For whatever reason nothing quite feels like a dialed in m3. Can’t ever see myself selling mine, may very well drive it into the ground. Have you considered dropping a super charger in if you don’t have one already?
Nah, I think I have built my M3 to what it will be.

Borla Atak, Recaro Sportsters, StopTech Trophy kit and more...

Supercharger is certainly available, but that is a whole different direction than the OEM+ nature I live by.