ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-27-2023, 11:18 AM   #1
Dallas Yas M4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

700whp LPFP Questions

So I am hoping to run 700whp on pump fuel. I am upgrading cooling, crank hub, clutch, putting ngk 2 step colder .22 spark plugs, eu5 injectors, Dorch hpfp, port injection, and already have pure stage 2 hf turbos. Do I need a lpfp or will it be fine for those power levels? I know it would be best just to upgrade it but I have been buying things in stages and it would be nice to save a little cash for the tune.

Looking to run pump gas because I just moved to New Mexico and only 2 stations within 30 miles have e85 and I doubt its very good.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #2
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

What are your current power numbers. You can definitely hit 750+ on e85 with those mods. You will probably need the LPFP to get there on pump but it's all in the logs. Did you max out fueling on your current tune or is it conservative?
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2023, 11:22 AM   #3
Dallas Yas M4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
What are your current power numbers. You can definitely hit 750+ on e85 with those mods. You will probably need the LPFP to get there on pump but it's all in the logs. Did you max out fueling on your current tune or is it conservative?
I am currently just on BM3 stage 2 so probably around 520 to 530 whp. I wanted to build the best with supporting mods I could because I definitely don't have the money to build the engine. My current tune is conservative but now with crank hub, cooling, etc upgraded I want as much hp as I can safely on a non-built engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:24 AM   #4
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Yas M4 View Post
I am currently just on BM3 stage 2 so probably around 520 to 530 whp. I wanted to build the best with supporting mods I could because I definitely don't have the money to build the engine. My current tune is conservative but now with crank hub, cooling, etc upgraded I want as much hp as I can safely on a non-built engine.
Well, not sure how much of a difference there is between the HF and Stage2+ (it’s what I have).

I’m running similar mods - EU5 injectors, downpipes with a custom tune and I’m at 580whp on 93 and 640whp on E85 with super conservative tunes (what I asked for) I have no fuel pump upgrades and this setup has plenty of room. Been running this setup for about 7K miles of some decently hard driving and it’s been solid. I would take take a look at investing in a custom tune.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2023, 12:35 AM   #5
Dallas Yas M4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Well, not sure how much of a difference there is between the HF and Stage2+ (it’s what I have).

I’m running similar mods - EU5 injectors, downpipes with a custom tune and I’m at 580whp on 93 and 640whp on E85 with super conservative tunes (what I asked for) I have no fuel pump upgrades and this setup has plenty of room. Been running this setup for about 7K miles of some decently hard driving and it’s been solid. I would take take a look at investing in a custom tune.
Hell ya thats good to hear that you haven't had any issues and its been running well with not fueling upgrades. Heard that the eu5 can get fouled without the hpfp so its good to hear it isn't necessary. I am getting a custom tune for sure just haven't decided who to go with. Thank you for the info!
Appreciate 0