Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

10-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #1
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

Tire pressure readout

I’m thinking 35psi is good tire pressure all around for daily driving, but after trying to mess with the pressure in each the idrive menu in vehicle status is showing me I have to reset my tire settings and when I tried nothing changed. It grays out when the engine is off, so I did the reset while engine was running and still no readout if the pressure in the tires. What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
pkat696
Edition ///M Heritage
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
I’m thinking 35psi is good tire pressure all around for daily driving, but after trying to mess with the pressure in each the idrive menu in vehicle status is showing me I have to reset my tire settings and when I tried nothing changed. It grays out when the engine is off, so I did the reset while engine was running and still no readout if the pressure in the tires. What am I missing?
I think you have to drive while it is in reset mode for the tire pressures to reset. I just had a flat and went to reset my tire pressure. And a trip around the block wasn't long enough. I had to drive for around 10 minutes before it reset. Not sure if will be the same for you, but that worked for me.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
You need to literally be driving around until the system reads 100%. If you are sitting at a stop light it doesn't count and the systerm takes a pause. So if you reset it, it's best to cruise on the highway. The last few % of the system takes a while so don't be alarmed if the first like idk 70% is quick but the remaining like 5% is really slow.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 03:40 PM   #4
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
I'm thinking 35psi is good tire pressure all around for daily driving, but after trying to mess with the pressure in each the idrive menu in vehicle status is showing me I have to reset my tire settings and when I tried nothing changed. It grays out when the engine is off, so I did the reset while engine was running and still no readout if the pressure in the tires. What am I missing?
You need to literally be driving around until the system reads 100%. If you are sitting at a stop light it doesn't count and the systerm takes a pause. So if you reset it, it's best to cruise on the highway. The last few % of the system takes a while so don't be alarmed if the first like idk 70% is quick but the remaining like 5% is really slow.
JonF nailed it.

You have to drive at slower speeds and higher speeds until it hits 100%. When the % starts to go slow then your speed needs to change.