BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-03-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Subwoofer Wiring for HiFi System

I have a self powered sub that I removed from my former e53 X5 and I want to install it into my new-to-me 2018 X5 35d with the Base 645 Radio Control US, 655 Satellite Radio and 676 HiFi Loudspeaker Sys. What I did on the former X5 was to tap/splice into the wires that ran to the factory sub in the rear cargo area and then thru a PAC LP7-2 to convert to Line Level input. Attached the power straight to the battery with an inline fuse and ran a ground to a ground stud. Has been Working great for many years. So, Curious if anyone know a good location to tap into the sub level wires in the F15? I can figure out the power and ground. I'm guessing I will hear to tap in at the speakers under the front seats, but I am hoping to find something in either the Left or Right rear side compartments, like my former X5, near the amp.

Thanks in advance should anyone have an answer.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 11:06 PM   #2
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

If it's HiFi then just grab the preamp signal and use that (left/right) to go into your amp. It's a clean, flat, full range signal. No converters or anything of the sort needed.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 1
F87 S55158.00
      08-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #3
F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Pre Amp Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
If it's HiFi then just grab the preamp signal and use that (left/right) to go into your amp. It's a clean, flat, full range signal. No converters or anything of the sort needed.
Thanks for responding! So I will need to research and see where the amp is located and then track down a wiring diagram to see which wires I'm looking for. So you are saying I would not need to use my signal converter at all? Hmm....I will then need to find another source for the remote input to switch on and off the Sub Amp as the PAC LP7-2 was handling those duties as well. Whenever it sensed a signal to the speaker wires, it switched on the sub amp. I could see how the pre-amp signal would be very clean and then allow the sub to naturally roll off the signal without having to control all that. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #4
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 S55 View Post
Thanks for responding! So I will need to research and see where the amp is located and then track down a wiring diagram to see which wires I'm looking for. So you are saying I would not need to use my signal converter at all? Hmm....I will then need to find another source for the remote input to switch on and off the Sub Amp as the PAC LP7-2 was handling those duties as well. Whenever it sensed a signal to the speaker wires, it switched on the sub amp. I could see how the pre-amp signal would be very clean and then allow the sub to naturally roll off the signal without having to control all that. Thanks!
This should help but definitely plenty of info/pictures/diagrams out there as well. Turn on would also be at the harness.

Factory Amp Turn-on Black +

Left Front Speaker (+/-) Black/Red - Black/Brown or Yellow/Red - Yellow/Brown +,-

Right Front Speaker (+/-) Blue/Red - Blue/Brown or Violet/Red - Violet/Brown +,-

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 1
F87 S55158.00
      08-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #5
Velocityhaus
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

I have a friend that has a 2017 X5M as do I and he has encouraged me to install the Earthquake OEM replacement SUBS ( he really likes them ) he also said I need an adapter harness but can not remember where he got his .. anyone know about this and have a link to the source of the speaker harness adapter? I have the speaker and adapter ring sourced but not the adapter harness

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0