XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-08-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
tipitch59
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 PRE-LCI 2010

Active Cruise Control Malfunction after reset Transmission Adaptation

Hello !

After research a lot on the web, I didn't find an answer of my problem.
I have a BMW X5 E70 Late 2010 (Pre-lci) with 184m kms
I had some "lag" on my automatic transmission (when I slow down on the turnaround and accelerate it was "slow", something like it accelerates but not moving forward, delay of 1 sec).

So after digging, I see that a reset adapatation transmission could help this symptom.
I did reset with ISTA. I did some learning adaptation. It's really better but it still adaptation (I check values before and now). I attached values just for information.

But this is not my first concern now (I let time with adaptation and see later. Maybe have an oil change?).

My problem is I don't have ACC since I reset adaptation.
When I actionnate it, I have "----" on my odb. And when I tried later multiple times I have "ACC Malfunction". The fault code associated is 63D0 (I have no a lot of information except it's LDM: Interface, long-range sensor).

My question is if the adaptation is not finished or I don't drive enough since the reset, it stayed off? Or I need to do something else to get back my ACC?

Thanks a lot! (sorry for my english).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
tipitch59
Rep

There is 65AC : Start up the ACC
65B1 : ACC sensor misaligned.

But I think these faults show because of 63D0 because when I restart the motor I have no fault code anymore. It's not permanent.

I saw that adaptation takes about 1500 miles. So I don't know...

EDIT : in the learning re-adaptation they said "5 times or 9 times" sometimes for a step. Maybe there is a security if the number of adaptations is not reach.

I checked the counters for clutch B and D it's only 4 and 2 for "rapid fill times". Maybe I need to reach a bigger numbers, I can't find infos about that.

Last edited by tipitch59; 06-09-2020 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Add informations
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
tipitch59
Rep

Hello,
Problem fixed !!!
I'll explain what happened.

2 hours before I've been bumped on the front when I was parked on the barber (I haven't seen that until a week ago. It was just the licence plate so it was not so seeable. I said it cannot be that, but it was that!)

My symptom was every time I start again the engine I had no fault again.
During 10min I could try ACC (I had '---' on the board). After 10min I had "ACC faulty go BMW".
On ISTA and INPA it was :
65AC : Start up the ACC
65B1 : ACC sensor misaligned
63D0 : LDM: Interface, long-range sensor

So I had everything written but in my head it was my transmission ! It couldn't be such a coincidence.

What I've done to calibrate sensor with ISTA/D (in INPA it's the same).

I put a mirror in front of the sensor at 100cm (+-5cm). Vertically at 90 degrees (I used a level bubble).
And in horizontally parallel to the car.

In begin of the procedure it asked to put a tool and measure something. I had NOT this tool, so I put on the 4 measures asked 150 (mm).
After that it said "ok the alignment will be done".
During 30sec there is noise from sensor.
At the end "the procedure of acc sensor is done".

I couldn't believe it was done. I tried, and it's FIXED ! I tried it almost 50kms on city, main road, etc it's better than before !

The difference between old model and new it's there is no manual settings to do on the sensor. There is a motor inside the sensor.
You don't need to get out the bumper.

The first two times Ista said "there is a problem I can't do the procedure" after put values 150mm. It was just that the mirror was not totally parallel to the car. I had to move it a little.

If it can help someone. And if you need help, just ask.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00