ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-19-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Just bought an MPE exhaust and need help

Just bought an MPE, for my M4 that came with the stock exhaust. It appears I need flanges to make the exhaust connect, but I dont know where to find it. Can anyone guide me on where to make the purchase? Can those parts be bought from a dealer not the whole midpipe? Thank you.

Last edited by BoostinLI; 03-19-2020 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Did you only get the muffler? You need the midpipe as well

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #3
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Yeah just the muffler. Wish I could just buy the flanges and just weld the parts
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Anyone have part numbers for the flanges?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:14 PM   #5
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlcase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Yeah just the muffler. Wish I could just buy the flanges and just weld the parts
Not an easy task my friend. Many people have bought the muffler and have given up trying to make it work. You need the MPE midpipe. I was informed by a member on here that you can buy it but it turns out to be just as expensive as buying the full exhaust. Do a quick forum search.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3949.00
      03-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #6
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

In addition. Whoever sold you the muffler knew that you would need the midpipe.They just didn't care and only wanted your money.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3949.00
      03-20-2020, 02:01 AM   #7
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
In addition. Whoever sold you the muffler knew that you would need the midpipe.They just didn't care and only wanted your money.
Fortunately I have a shop around that can get it done, but for a little more than I want to pay. The other option is to cut the exhaust but not to excited about that. The seller was just selling the muffler, had nothing to do with him.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 06:30 AM   #8
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

OP, are you considering only having it in passive/open mode? Or is this shop going to put valves on and weld the actuator brackets for you as well? Because if you want the full MPE experience, I can see this adding up very quickly. In my opinion, passive/open mode would get annoying, especially on cold start. If you need to source the valves, I can get you in touch with someone who can get them for you, but the shop would still need to custom fab the brackets for the actuators to sit on.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #9
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
OP, are you considering only having it in passive/open mode? Or is this shop going to put valves on and weld the actuator brackets for you as well? Because if you want the full MPE experience, I can see this adding up very quickly. In my opinion, passive/open mode would get annoying, especially on cold start. If you need to source the valves, I can get you in touch with someone who can get them for you, but the shop would still need to custom fab the brackets for the actuators to sit on.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware, the stock actuator doesn't work on the MPE box as well? Great 😑. I appreciate you offering your resources. I'm going to give them a call today and get a little more information. Generally speaking, I prefer my exhaust fully open all the time as I have it that way right now with downpipes,midpipes and have the actuators disconnected fully opened with cold start off. So i "may" be okay, but I still want that functionality if needed. I paid pretty low price on the muffler, so hopefully it still remains a deal once this is all over lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #10
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware, the stock actuator doesn't work on the MPE box as well? Great 😑. I appreciate you offering your resources. I'm going to give them a call today and get a little more information. Generally speaking, I prefer my exhaust fully open all the time as I have it that way right now with downpipes,midpipes and have the actuators disconnected fully opened with cold start off. So i "may" be okay, but I still want that functionality if needed. I paid pretty low price on the muffler, so hopefully it still remains a deal once this is all over lol
If I'm not mistaken, the actuators do work. But the valves and mounts that the actuators sit on are on the mid section of the MPE, which you don't have. So if you need the actual valves in order to transfer your stock actuators to, I can help you get them if you decide to keep the active functionality. But you'll still need the fabricator to make the bracket to hold the actuator in place to actually operate the valves.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:01 AM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Anyone have part numbers for the flanges?
Includes: - 2x Torca clamp - 2x ball
zone clamp - 2x V-clip - 2
Appreciate 0