proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-14-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
Tony Foster
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Competion DCT (68 plate)

2018 M4 Comp

Morning all - new to the site.
Have had my Black M4 comp pack 4 weeks now and despite some issues with warped brakes and dealer wheel refurbs I'm loving it. Just need some dry roads
      01-14-2020, 04:55 AM   #2
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Foster View Post
Have had my Black M4 comp pack 4 weeks now and despite some issues with warped brakes and dealer wheel refurbs I'm loving it. Just need some dry roads
Welcome! They get better with every passing week

Out of curiosity, what ended up solving the brake issue (for now at least)?

Only asking because I have a similar issue. I've only had my 2018 for 4k miles and after 2k miles the car started getting a vibration while braking at anywhere above 40mph. They replaced the rotors/pads under the maintenance plan saying the rotors were warped and 2k miles later the car is currently back at BMW for the same problem. They're convinced replacing them this time will fix it, despite nothing showing uneven wear/etc. I tried to argue and say something else is causing the issue but figured whatever, I'll just see you in another 2k miles
      01-14-2020, 04:58 AM   #3
Tony Foster
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
Quote:

Only asking because I have a similar issue. I've only had my 2018 for 4k miles and after 2k miles the car started getting a vibration while braking at anywhere above 40mph. They replaced the rotors/pads under the maintenance plan saying the rotors were warped and 2k miles later the car is currently back at BMW for the same problem. They're convinced replacing them this time will fix it, despite nothing showing uneven wear/etc. I tried to argue and say something else is causing the issue but figured whatever, I'll just see you in another 2k miles
Hi
The dealership were very shady when it came to cause.
      01-14-2020, 05:01 AM   #4
Tony Foster
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi
The dealership were very shady when it came to cause.
First it was how it was driven, then a common recall issue over discs with minute cracks, then wheel refurbishment that was carried out prior to sale. Seems paint had come of the back of the wheel and distorted the discs - I know right !!!!!

Anyway they replaced both front discs and pads under warranty and removed cleaned and rebalanced all 4 wheels. Vibration user braking exactly as you described at 6k miles.
EricVR4603.50
      01-14-2020, 05:13 AM   #5
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
First it was how it was driven, then a common recall issue over discs with minute cracks, then wheel refurbishment that was carried out prior to sale. Seems paint had come of the back of the wheel and distorted the discs - I know right !!!!!

Anyway they replaced both front discs and pads under warranty and removed cleaned and rebalanced all 4 wheels. Vibration user braking exactly as you described at 6k miles.
Interesting. My front passenger wheel has been refurbished at some point by the previous owner (nothing major, but you can tell it has been). If the problem comes back after I pick the car up then I might look into going down that route with them.

Hope yours is all fixed from now on though. Enjoy! These cars are a lot of fun
      01-14-2020, 05:14 AM   #6
Tony Foster
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. My front passenger wheel has been refurbished at some point by the previous owner (nothing major, but you can tell it has been). If the problem comes back after I pick the car up then I might look into going down that route with them.

Hope yours is all fixed from now on though. Enjoy! These cars are a lot of fun
Lots online about wheel refurb and the run out/balancing issue......worth a read. Cheers
EricVR4603.50