BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

09-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
themiraj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Mineral White 2DR 6SPD

Getting ready to pull the trigger...

Hello all,

I am a newcomer to this site, and to BMW. I plan on ordering a 2009 Arctic White DCT M3 (Wish I could get a 2008, but DCT seems to be pretty hard to find) within the next few weeks. I have decided on the tech package, premium package with carbon interior, 19" wheel upgrade, heated seats, and the iPod adapter. Priced out on Edmunds the invoice is about $63,500. I know the 2009 will be about $1200 more. I have a few questions, and I apologize in advance if these have already been asked/answered.

As to the wheels, is there a choice of color? I know there is only one style option, but can I get them powder coated black? That would be sweet on the arctic white!

As to ordering, the dealer that let me test drive the DCT (what a sweet transmission!) was not willing to go below MSRP on an ordered 2009. I'm not willing to pay MSRP and by the looks of it on this site nobody does. What's the best way to go about negotiating? I tried pricing it on Edmunds, but the only dealer it allows me to submit a quote to is the one I just went to for the test drive! Also, can I call up dealers in other states and order one through them because I am having a new car built to spec? Can they just deliver it to me? Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

First off it is Alpine White. Second there are no wheel color choices. You can definitely powder coat them black. You will just have to pay to have the tires unmounted and remounted along with paying your local powder coat shop. The best way for you to negotiate is to find a dealer that is willing to go under MSRP. Contact other dealers in your state. You may be able to get one to deliver the car to your door for a cost of course. You could always do the Performance Center Delivery as well and enjoy the drive back from South Carolina in your new M3.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
themiraj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Mineral White 2DR 6SPD

Alpine white, of course. My mistake! Thanks for the info. I actually just found a 2008 specced exactly the way I want it in a city 10 miles away from where I live. I'm going to check out lease options tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
epoints
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

There are DCTs out there...

If you can wait, wait it out... I could not wait, so I bought it instead of ordering a 2009.

There are DCTs out there and you would need to find and negotiate hard...

Of course, supposedly the 09 has new iDrive and 08 has lower invoice costs.
Appreciate 0