Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Would you buy these cars?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
In the market for a '16-'17 F15 Msport under 40k. Have been talking to the local dealers on these 2 vehicles. They don't want to budge on pricing. Mind you, I've just been communicating via text/email.

What do you guys think of their pricing considering the options/packages? What's a fair price to pay? Both dealers Have about a $900 dealer fee.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...7/2017-bmw-x5/

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...8/2017-bmw-x5/

Thanks!
Anthony

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
NYC_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘16 X5

First one is better equipped than second. But first had “damage” on its carfax..

I would suggest you make a list for yourself to know which options are a must for you and which you can live without.
Second visit the dealerships and see the vehicles in person. When I was doing my search, what looked nice in photos was a complete mess in person.
By visiting, you also show the sales person you are serious about buying and after test drive and all information you get from them there (they invested time in helping you) they may be willing to budge a bit more. If not, get up and leave, there are plenty of other vehicles out there.

See what the dealers are asking for similarly spec’ed vehicles in a 100-500 mile radius and use that to negotiate further.

About dealer fee, when you negotiate, just ask for the out the door price, taxes and fees included. And negotiate from that.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
aliangF85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

usually after i check out the car in person, ill come back with a large bank draft. This is when the manager comes out of his office and begins to negotiate with you. Also should understand the book value and market price.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 03:46 AM   #4
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the advice guys. Yea, I know I'll have to go in and check these cars out. Just dread the whole car shopping experience.

How would you say these cars are currently priced? Fairly priced?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 02:41 PM   #5
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan84 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Yea, I know I'll have to go in and check these cars out. Just dread the whole car shopping experience.

How would you say these cars are currently priced? Fairly priced?
no, True Car, which always posts inflated prices says that one is overpriced! I would offer at least 10% less than asking price - both cars have high mileage, if these were sub 20K miles I would be more or less okay with the asking price
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

No since you can find better deals, even here there are couple of well equipped 16-17 F15s are for sale.
Like this one https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1638341
or this
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1637215
or
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1630743
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 02:30 AM   #7
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, I'll check out their listings. Unfortunately, they are not local and can't see in person. Also I'd have to setup and pay for shipping. Plus, I'd assume they're not CPO?

I'm currently at $36,000 for the Carbon black that's packaged well and I expect to take off at least another $500. I'm going to check it out today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
No since you can find better deals, even here there are couple of well equipped 16-17 F15s are for sale.
Like this one https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1638341
or this
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1637215
or
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1630743
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 04:21 AM   #8
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check out their listings. Unfortunately, they are not local and can't see in person. Also I'd have to setup and pay for shipping. Plus, I'd assume they're not CPO?

I'm currently at $36,000 for the Carbon black that's packaged well and I expect to take off at least another $500. I'm going to check it out today
The Carbon Black is nice! I use to own a 2013 X6M in Carbon black, man that car was a beast!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #9
AECDY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2015M3 View Post
Quote:

The Carbon Black is nice! I use to own a 2013 X6M in Carbon black, man that car was a beast!
I know people in both dealers. If you decide to go in person let me know and I will share their contact info.

I have Carbon black and love the color.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

You should be able to decide on price with the internet manager, but this could be one of those places that won’t take anything seriously until you come in.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #11
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Well was on my way to go see the Carbon Black in person and was told the car was moved to the partner location. The sales agent says he thinks it may have been sold.

I would definitely appreciate your contact's information. DM me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AECDY View Post
I know people in both dealers. If you decide to go in person let me know and I will share their contact info.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
AECDY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Well was on my way to go see the Carbon Black in person and was told the car was moved to the partner location. The sales agent says he thinks it may have been sold.

I would definitely appreciate your contact's information. DM me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AECDY View Post

Call Rani at (720) 278-5151
I ask him and he said it is available. Tell him Alejandro gave you his number
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
EdgyE36
Wisdom Searcher
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 and E46 M3

Make sure you know the original in-service date, so you know exactly how much original new and CPO warranty you're getting. Review the checklist - what exactly did they refresh on the vehicle? If they won't budge on price, ask for something like a new battery. I pushed for and eventually got for our CPO X5.

Personally I'd up my budget a bit and look hard at this one in the classifieds: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1665364
I hear you re not local, but if that car had been available when my wife was in the market we would have skipped the dealer and gone private party.

Many people insist on AWD, even in FL. sDrives sit for longer on dealer lots. Use that to your advantage when negotiating. And finally, why is this thread in the Classified section?
      11-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #14
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the info! I'll def take your advice into account.

Regarding that vehicle you suggested, when I plug in the info and options, I'm not getting bear that asking price for a private vehicle.

And regarding why this thread is in the classifieds section, didn't know where to post. Mods, feel free to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgyE36 View Post
Make sure you know the original in-service date, so you know exactly how much original new and CPO warranty you're getting. Review the checklist - what exactly did they refresh on the vehicle? If they won't budge on price, ask for something like a new battery. I pushed for and eventually got for our CPO X5.

Personally I'd up my budget a bit and look hard at this one in the classifieds: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1665364
I hear you re not local, but if that car had been available when my wife was in the market we would have skipped the dealer and gone private party.

Many people insist on AWD, even in FL. sDrives sit for longer on dealer lots. Use that to your advantage when negotiating. And finally, why is this thread in the Classified section?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #15
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Update: I negotiated the white on black to sub $34k and went to see/purchase it today. Unfortunately, there were a couple things off-putting about it that didn't let me pull the trigger. I'm still considering it as I loooovvveee the white on black exterior.

1. The wood trim around the center console was very worn/scratched on the passenger side. It's the textured wood trim without the clear coat on, so it wouldn't simply be a case of buffing it out. I think it needs to be restained or replaced all together. Does anyone have experience doing this or cost on replacing the trim?

2. It drove like a boat. It had a lot of body roll/sway. I was completely surprised by this as I currently drive a '13 e70 with base non-air suspension that I can throw into corners without thinking twice. I do have H&R springs 1.2" drop on my E70. Would this explain the night/day difference? Can I remedy this body roll or is this just how the F15 handles?

3. Again, comparing to my E70, acceleration felt sluggish. Same engine, so not sure what would explain this.

Overall, I just felt disconnected from the road during the test drive. I'll be test driving a few f15s to compare.

Thoughts on my experience? Is this the general feel of the F15s?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #16
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Update: I negotiated the white on black to sub $34k and went to see/purchase it today. Unfortunately, there were a couple things off-putting about it that didn't let me pull the trigger. I'm still considering it as I loooovvveee the white on black exterior.

1. The wood trim around the center console was very worn/scratched on the passenger side. It's the textured wood trim without the clear coat on, so it wouldn't simply be a case of buffing it out. I think it needs to be restained or replaced all together. Does anyone have experience doing this or cost on replacing the trim?

2. It drove like a boat. It had a lot of body roll/sway. I was completely surprised by this as I currently drive a '13 e70 with base non-air suspension that I can throw into corners without thinking twice. I do have H&R springs 1.2" drop on my E70. Would this explain the night/day difference? Can I remedy this body roll or is this just how the F15 handles?

3. Again, comparing to my E70, acceleration felt sluggish. Same engine, so not sure what would explain this.

Overall, I just felt disconnected from the road during the test drive. I'll be test driving a few f15s to compare.

Thoughts on my experience? Is this the general feel of the F15s?

That wood trim is a premium one. You're looking at a few hundred, perhaps $500 brand new. In addition, a car that trim scratches indicates that it has not been well - maintained.
I get the "boat feeling" myself, that's why I am changing shocks.

I'd stay away.. Too many options out there.. Would look online further.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #17
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I’m surprised you didn’t comment about the steering, given the fact you are currently in an E70.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #18
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe that's what I felt in regards to the body roll?? In general, felt disconnected to the road. Man...would've pulled the trigger if it felt even just as good as the e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I’m surprised you didn’t comment about the steering, given the fact you are currently in an E70.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #19
sdimov
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

You made the right choice to pass on the white one. The trim is very used and could be seen on the pictures.

I have been looking for F15 end of last year. It took me almost 6 months to find the right one. If you are not in a hurry I would suggest you to take your time and look from a private party.

I would also suggest you to look for cars that have at minimum the following options:

1. Driver assistance PLUS package (360 view is very convenient)
2. Keyless entry
3. Head Up display
4. Harman Kardon sound

Why are you looking for sDrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #20
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the advice! It looks like the Carbon Black one I listed have these features you mentioned.

I'm not necessarily looking for an S-drive, but they seem to be more in my price range. I would like to be in the lower 30s range. I was there with the white F15. Unfortunately, now for me, it's a matter of liking how it drives. During my test drive, I absolutely hated the way the car handled, so now I'm taking into consideration the cost of coilovers and MPPK to improve the steering feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimov View Post
You made the right choice to pass on the white one. The trim is very used and could be seen on the pictures.

I have been looking for F15 end of last year. It took me almost 6 months to find the right one. If you are not in a hurry I would suggest you to take your time and look from a private party.

I would also suggest you to look for cars that have at minimum the following options:

1. Driver assistance PLUS package (360 view is very convenient)
2. Keyless entry
3. Head Up display
4. Harman Kardon sound

Why are you looking for sDrive?
Appreciate 0