ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
Aiglesias10
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: M4 F82.

Flash back to stock

Hi Guys, I flash my car with a local, I dont like the flash because there is presenting some errors , and I want to put my car stock again but not with this Guys, its posible to put my car stock again with a diferent tuner? Or Maybe in the local bmw dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

I would not trust a dealer to do it. Do you have MHD, BM3, etc? Do you know what they used for the tune?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #3
hartagram
Town Drunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev608 View Post
I would not trust a dealer to do it. Do you have MHD, BM3, etc? Do you know what they used for the tune?
Yeah that info is vital. I would be wary having someone blind tune with no backup. Best bet is to take it back to whomever tuned it. If all elsw fails be prepared to be financially scalded by bmw if they have to unflash it and hopefully its not under warranty
      10-27-2019, 06:23 PM   #4
Aiglesias10
Costa Rica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev608 View Post
Not, its a flash with a local, dont know what they used but not mhd or bm3, I want to put stock again and put BM3 btw, I want to avoid taking it with them, I'd rather find another way to put it in stock
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
Aiglesias10
Costa Rica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartagram View Post
Yeah that info is vital. I would be wary having someone blind tune with no backup. Best bet is to take it back to whomever tuned it. If all elsw fails be prepared to be financially scalded by bmw if they have to unflash it and hopefully its not under warranty
The local bmw dealer is charging me $ 300 to put it in stock, but I don't like being made to sign a document where they are not responsible if something happens.
Appreciate 1
M3_160.00
      10-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #6
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 DCT

I'd maybe reach out to Alex@ Alpine tuning to see if he could help you out if you haven't already gone the dealer route.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 05:52 AM   #7
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiglesias10 View Post
Quote:
The local bmw dealer is charging me $ 300 to put it in stock, but I don't like being made to sign a document where they are not responsible if something happens.
Do not under any circumstances take it to the dealer. It will flag a software tamper code.

Reach out to Alex at Alpine. He is the go to guy in this situation.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

I know you stated that you didn't want to go back to them. But I would take it back to the original tuner and let them flash it back to the original since they didn't do it right.

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #9
hartagram
Town Drunk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Do not under any circumstances take it to the dealer. It will flag a software tamper code.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed!!!!! We dont want to see you get ur car flagged
      11-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
hartagram
Town Drunk
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wont the bm3 simply overwrite the tune???!! I know mhd gives u the option to flash to stock even without adding their code....
      11-03-2019, 02:16 AM   #11
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wont the bm3 simply overwrite the tune???!! I know mhd gives u the option to flash to stock even without adding their code....
You need to flash back to stock with the original tuner solution.

It appears that this is not known.

Alex will be able to determine the original software from vin and flash back to stock. When plugged in no tamper code will flag with standard dealer tools.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #12
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:

Alex will be able to determine the original software from vin and flash back to stock. When plugged in no tamper code will flag with standard dealer tools.
FYI the tamper code is just one way they would check to see if its tuned, they also check for the max recorded torque value in the trans and ABS computers, which is why so many people get voided even after flashing to stock when they go in.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #13
fackamato
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel-It! View Post
FYI the tamper code is just one way they would check to see if its tuned, they also check for the max recorded torque value in the trans and ABS computers, which is why so many people get voided even after flashing to stock when they go in.
Is it possible to clear the torque values in the transmission and ABS computers while flashing back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:44 PM   #14
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm aware.

Flashing back to stock will remove the obvious software tamper code but as they dig they will know you were tuned. How much they dig will depend on the cost of the warranty claim. Major drivetrain damage and they will find out.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:48 PM   #15
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fackamato View Post
Quote:
Is it possible to clear the torque values in the transmission and ABS computers while flashing back to stock?
Some have stated that with a bench flash it can be returned in its entirety to it's pre flash state but this requires opening of the ECU.

I'm not sure this is accurate.
Appreciate 0