BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #1
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Exclamation orange county coding (in the bay area now)

can any forum member help me out with some coding options? bought the car with a few things coded but recently lost everything when i had the tpms coded out at a local shop. they never warned me i would lose any prior coding and when i told them about it their solution was for me to pay to recode what had already been coded?? kept me waiting around a whole day to tell me that too. i know not every place is a ritz carlton but some shops need to work on their customer service.

anyways off topic, just hoping a forum member could help me out. mostly just want my power mirror folding with key fob back. thanks!

Last edited by RebL; 08-23-2019 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

EAS was the shop by the way! neither tom or steve offered to help, was visiting from the bay area and their solution was for me to drive back to the shop and pay for something that i already had.

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

You expected free shop time?
      08-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
You expected free shop time?
free? practically trying to rob me of my hard earned money. or would you repay for something that you already had? at no point was i told that i would lose all prior coding.

not to mention it would literally take them what 5min? instead kept me waiting around over a whole day when they knew i wasn’t local.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Oh, I get it. You had work done there and lost some coding features. I
      08-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I have a Carly I can help out with this weekend. I'm in Seal Beach
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #7
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I have a Carly I can help out with this weekend. I'm in Seal Beach
hey! really appreciate that, unfortunately today is my last day in the area. thanks again for the offer, had a shop reach out to me as well but again didn’t work with the timing. hopefully can get it done in the bay area!
Appreciate 1
aus891.50
      08-25-2019, 11:28 PM   #8
BimmerPaul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E92M3 Competition

I was just there on Friday to get the GTS DCT upgrade. Will this by any chance mess with or effect my Dinan stage one engine software?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
415cpa
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

I can help you with coding. PM me, I'm in SF.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebL View Post
EAS was the shop by the way! neither tom or steve offered to help, was visiting from the bay area and their solution was for me to drive back to the shop and pay for something that i already had.

That's pretty crappy service from them to take away you're coding and not reinstall it. It only takes a few minutes to do.
Pathetic.
Just go to AutoTalent for real work in the future.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 02:07 AM   #11
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPaul View Post
I was just there on Friday to get the GTS DCT upgrade. Will this by any chance mess with or effect my Dinan stage one engine software?
No, if they only did the gts software then it will not effect your dme tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That's pretty crappy service from them to take away you're coding and not reinstall it. It only takes a few minutes to do.
Pathetic.
Just go to AutoTalent for real work in the future.
yep, definitely not ever stepping foot there again! tbh still shocked on how the handled it. pretty much was told over the phone it was my fault for not bringing up there was prior coding and to kick rocks or pay up to recode. no apology, not even a call back from the owner. (wouldn’t even put him on the phone) and messages through here were ignored.
Appreciate 1
aus891.50
      08-26-2019, 11:28 PM   #13
BimmerPaul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
No, if they only did the gts software then it will not effect your dme tune.
Ok cool. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 02:22 PM   #14
BimmerPaul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
can any forum member help me out with some coding options? bought the car with a few things coded but recently lost everything when i had the tpms coded out at a local shop. they never warned me i would lose any prior coding and when i told them about it their solution was for me to pay to recode what had already been coded?? kept me waiting around a whole day to tell me that too. i know not every place is a ritz carlton but some shops need to work on their customer service.

anyways off topic, just hoping a forum member could help me out. mostly just want my power mirror folding with key fob back. thanks!
So I just realized, since the GTS tune, my folding mirrors will not unfold automatically when a certain MPH is reached like they used to prior to the coding.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #15
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:

So I just realized, since the GTS tune, my folding mirrors will not unfold automatically when a certain MPH is reached like they used to prior to the coding.
Check to see if you're able to close windows and mirrors with key fob. If you can, then the CAS and FRM modules were not reset to default and this issue may be a voltage issue
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #16
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Miguel,

As always, there's 2 sides to every story. Pointing fingers at each other isn't going to solve anything.

We've fully refunded the coding session to your credit card. Best of luck modding.

Quote:
DCT coding doesn't affect mirrors - the modules are completely different. Give us a call or email directly if you have any questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #17
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I do'nt think it was done on purpose, did you tell them you had some coding customization done? If so then they should have explained this to you.

They probably updated your VO to remove TPMS, then default coded the modules.
Basically not like you can expect them to go in and save every change that was made, they return your car to default.

From that point you need to go back in and make the manual changes since they are not default settings and need to be changed after it is returned to default. So it doesn't sound crazy to charge you now that you want to go in a re-do a bunch of coding stuff. But they also should have warned you of this before doing the job.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #18
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Miguel,

As always, there's 2 sides to every story. Pointing fingers at each other isn't going to solve anything.

We've fully refunded the coding session to your credit card. Best of luck modding.

DCT coding doesn't affect mirrors - the modules are completely different. Give us a call or email directly if you have any questions.

i guess i am just used to a different level of customer service. not sure when it’s ever appropriate to blame the customer to begin with but hey it’s your business.

was never about the money either but appreciate the reply a whole week later.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:16 PM   #19
RebL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I do'nt think it was done on purpose, did you tell them you had some coding customization done? If so then they should have explained this to you.

They probably updated your VO to remove TPMS, then default coded the modules.
Basically not like you can expect them to go in and save every change that was made, they return your car to default.

From that point you need to go back in and make the manual changes since they are not default settings and need to be changed after it is returned to default. So it doesn't sound crazy to charge you now that you want to go in a re-do a bunch of coding stuff. But they also should have warned you of this before doing the job.
i’m sure it wasn’t done purposely just could have been handled way different.

might be able to meet up with a local forum member who can help out so there’s that!

Last edited by RebL; 08-27-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:40 AM   #20
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I had RB'a and a HAS kit installed by them. RB's did great but the suspension pops and creeks when going up an incline like a mild driveway or any driveway in the United States for that matter. Took the car back to EAS after talking on the phone with my guy K$&/n. They were expecting me but I still sat in the lobby after making my arrival known for almost an hour before a conversation happened. I never got shitty at any point. They "looked" at my car for 15 minutes maybe and stated "can't find any issue with the install" and nothing else was done. Took my car elsewhere and it got resolved on my dollars. Never complained but I also never returned for anything else.