BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

windshield glass repair recommendation - SF bay area

Hi. Anyone have a good winshield glass installer they have used in the past? SF Bay Area, preferably Peninsula area. Thx!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Hi. Just and updated on this.

- I had used A&R Glass before on another BMW M3 and the results were pretty good.
- However, this time around when I contacted A&R on a quote, everything was going good until I asked them to verify the P/N on the BMW factory glass (since there are green wedge/grey wedge types)..........and low and behold, they went radio silent with the follow-up. Multiple texts afterwards were then not responded.
- So sorry A&R Glass , in this day and age, there's no excuse for poor customer service or vendors that get "offended" by a very legitimate question by a potential customer.

*** So fuck the A&R folks and went with Glass West (http://www.glasswestbayarea.com/index.html) instead.

Good and prompt service and install went smoothly.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
Inluvwithastr1pper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
*** So fuck the A&R folks and went with Glass West (http://www.glasswestbayarea.com/index.html) instead.

Good and prompt service and install went smoothly.
Thanks for updating. How much did you end up paying? Been needing to do this for a nasty rock chip but local quotes have been too expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #4
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Hi. Just and updated on this.

- I had used A&R Glass before on another BMW M3 and the results were pretty good.
- However, this time around when I contacted A&R on a quote, everything was going good until I asked them to verify the P/N on the BMW factory glass (since there are green wedge/grey wedge types)..........and low and behold, they went radio silent with the follow-up. Multiple texts afterwards were then not responded.
- So sorry A&R Glass , in this day and age, there's no excuse for poor customer service or vendors that get "offended" by a very legitimate question by a potential customer.

*** So fuck the A&R folks.
I know this company very well as they are a sublet vendor for my shop. I will let you know rite now, there are NO GLASS VENDORS in SF. im talking actual SF city, not the "i live in SF" but actually are in Concord. AR glass is the only company that i can get to come out within 5 business days. every other vendor is either 2 weeks out, or will never show. There used to be a very good glass shop in SF, MAZ. However they closed their doors 2 years ago, due to SAFELITE solutions taking over the glass claims for every single insurance company. SAFELITE is the worst fucking company in the world, and because of this i will not accept ANY glass claims from ANY insurance companies any more.

So what does that have to do with you? Well between me, our companies other 2 shops, and a couple other large auto body shops IN SF, AR glass doesn't have much time for non-contracted work. They have their hands full with solid repeat customers to the point where they can afford to stop communicating with whomever they choose. Add to this that they will not buy OEM BMW glass(iu have asked for my own m3), i can understand whey they stopped responding since there was no point.

I will ONLY use AR glass, as every other vendor does messy work, cuts metal, dings paint etc etc etc. SAFELITE has been banned from all of our companies locations, they are absolute shit.
      07-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #5
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
I know this company very well as they are a sublet vendor for my shop. I will let you know rite now, there are NO GLASS VENDORS in SF. im talking actual SF city, not the "i live in SF" but actually are in Concord. AR glass is the only company that i can get to come out within 5 business days. every other vendor is either 2 weeks out, or will never show. There used to be a very good glass shop in SF, MAZ. However they closed their doors 2 years ago, due to SAFELITE solutions taking over the glass claims for every single insurance company. SAFELITE is the worst fucking company in the world, and because of this i will not accept ANY glass claims from ANY insurance companies any more.

So what does that have to do with you? Well between me, our companies other 2 shops, and a couple other large auto body shops IN SF, AR glass doesn't have much time for non-contracted work. They have their hands full with solid repeat customers to the point where they can afford to stop communicating with whomever they choose. Add to this that they will not buy OEM BMW glass(iu have asked for my own m3), i can understand whey they stopped responding since there was no point.

I will ONLY use AR glass, as every other vendor does messy work, cuts metal, dings paint etc etc etc. SAFELITE has been banned from all of our companies locations, they are absolute shit.
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I know they usually do most of their work contracted out, so definitely a small job like mine is not going to get priority.

But am confused by your feedback on A&R NOT using OEM BMW glass. My first install with them they ordered BMW OEM glass (BMW Pinkerton) and in fact during that consult, they had asked me if I had the grey or green wedge. So this most recent time, I had just asked for a P/N confirmation.....so not sure what changed between a couple years ago vs. today. We didn't even discuss whether this was through insurance or direct payment, so that wasn't even an issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I know they usually do most of their work contracted out, so definitely a small job like mine is not going to get priority.

But am confused by your feedback on A&R NOT using OEM BMW glass. My first install with them they ordered BMW OEM glass (BMW Pinkerton) and in fact during that consult, they had asked me if I had the grey or green wedge. So this most recent time, I had just asked for a P/N confirmation.....so not sure what changed between a couple years ago vs. today. We didn't even discuss whether this was through insurance or direct payment, so that wasn't even an issue.
the dealer has changed their pricing structure on glass, and the aftermarket line of glass by Pilkington is not even close to as good as the OEM BMW Pilkington. I dont know what changed, i will ask them since they are in the shop now as i type.