BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Another MPPK installed...

I finally bit the bullet yesterday while having the annual low mileage oil/filter service performed, 2017 with just under 4,000 miles. $1150 for the software and install at $128.00 (1 hour labor rate). We had a 90+ mile drive home from the servicing BMW Center so it was all interstate. Passing acceleration from 70+ is definitely quicker. I got on the go pedal pretty hard once back home on familiar roads in sport mode and with the transmission over to the left in sport. Wow... so far I am impressed! From everything I have previously read the MPPK gets even better after a few tanks of petrol. Looking forward to reporting back.

Side note, I found this strange and rather aggravating, but after programming both front seats were moved fully forward and to the highest height. Naturally any seat memory had been lost/erased.

Does anyone have a clue as to what else is updated during a MPPK install? Update: From what I have found BMW NA updates other modules at the same time. Is there any truth to this?

Last edited by SCA; 05-07-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BTW, I did receive the red envelope back that contains the serial number and key code to download and install the MPPK. I was somewhat surprised given that most owners do not get it back after install.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
They usually update all the modules during a programming like this so it’s natural some memory settings would get reset.
SCA564.50
r33_RGSport12971.00
      05-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
They usually update all the modules during a programming like this so it’s natural some memory settings would get reset.
Thank you alphaod
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
They usually update all the modules during a programming like this so it's natural some memory settings would get reset.
+1
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #6
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I finally bit the bullet yesterday while having the annual low mileage oil/filter service performed, 2017 with just under 4,000 miles. $1150 for the software and install at $128.00 (1 hour labor rate). We had a 90+ mile drive home from the servicing BMW Center so it was all interstate. Passing acceleration from 70+ is definitely quicker. I got on the go pedal pretty hard once back home on familiar roads in sport mode and with the transmission over to the left in sport. Wow... so far I am impressed! From everything I have previously read the MPPK gets even better after a few tanks of petrol. Looking forward to reporting back.

Side note, I found this strange and rather aggravating, but after programming both front seats were moved fully forward and to the highest height. Naturally any seat memory had been lost/erased.

Does anyone have a clue as to what else is updated during a MPPK install? Update: From what I have found BMW NA updates other modules at the same time. Is there any truth to this?
I recently installed MPPK too. I had the same issues with the seats, and the radio stations. They did not give me back any envelope. Congrats on the upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microeconomist View Post
I recently installed MPPK too. I had the same issues with the seats, and the radio stations. They did not give me back any envelope. Congrats on the upgrade!
I read your post. Congrats as well. Any updates? Surprisingly my radio presets were still there.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
I read your post. Congrats as well. Any updates? Surprisingly my radio presets were still there.
They installed other updates at the same time, so that's why my radio stations changed.

The X5 is definitely putting down more power with the MPPK. The midrange power and low-range torque are the most noticeable changes. I find myself being way more judicious with my right foot when using sport mode. It's addictive. I still don't hear the pops and burbles from the exhaust with just the MPPK. It's possible my hearing is going 😬

Sure would sound nice with the MPE attached to it 🤔
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 01:37 AM   #9
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They installed other updates at the same time, so that's why my radio stations changed.

The X5 is definitely putting down more power with the MPPK. The midrange power and low-range torque are the most noticeable changes. I find myself being way more judicious with my right foot when using sport mode. It's addictive. I still don't hear the pops and burbles from the exhaust with just the MPPK. It's possible my hearing is going ��

Sure would sound nice with the MPE attached to it ��
I am tempted by the MPE, but I wish it was a cat-back system as I prefer to not hack the current factory system.
Appreciate 0