BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
billyg75
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Extended Warranty on a2016 X5 50i

Hello everyone,
I am looking to buy from a BMW dealer, here in CT, a CPO 2016 X5 50i in Mineral White/Terra Cotta with 18,000 miles. The MSRP is 94,450 that was sold and serviced by the same dealer to one owner, needless to say it’s got nearly every option BMW had. Their final price is $48,750 which I don’t have an issue with. With this type of vehicle I have more of a concern and question on the cost and length of buying an extended warranty. The in service date is 12/15 and with the one year CPO warranty over the built in four years, it expires on 12/20.
With a seven year máximum I get to 12/22 or just three years and eight months from now. Can I buy an extended warranty for that time period?
After then, do I sell this vehicle at the end or keep it and hope? I expect to have less than 60,000 miles by this time on what will be a 7 year old vehicle. What about a maintenance contract?
Thanks very much.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
PanthersFX
M Performance Class ;)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMX X5 50i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg75 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am looking to buy from a BMW dealer, here in CT, a CPO 2016 X5 50i in Mineral White/Terra Cotta with 18,000 miles. The MSRP is 94,450 that was sold and serviced by the same dealer to one owner, needless to say it’s got nearly every option BMW had. Their final price is $48,750 which I don’t have an issue with. With this type of vehicle I have more of a concern and question on the cost and length of buying an extended warranty. The in service date is 12/15 and with the one year CPO warranty over the built in four years, it expires on 12/20.
With a seven year máximum I get to 12/22 or just three years and eight months from now. Can I buy an extended warranty for that time period?
After then, do I sell this vehicle at the end or keep it and hope? I expect to have less than 60,000 miles by this time on what will be a 7 year old vehicle. What about a maintenance contract?
Thanks very much.
Is the car not certified with this low mileage? If the car is still under warranty you can extend the BMW warranty at any time while its under warranty. The cost will vary based on age and miles. You can also buy 3rd party warranty and compare the cover and price of comprehensive plan to manufacturers platinum extended plan.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg75 View Post
Hello everyone,
Thanks very much.
If you only plan to keep it up to 60k miles then I wouldn't worry about a warranty. Would be better off banking the money if something were to come up. A lot of the 2014 and 2015 owners are over 60k miles and the F15's are generally rock solid.
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 0