European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
Dreebanqz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 m3

I have concerns about this used M3

https://www.26motors.com/2017-BMW-M3...HzRje2OID9c%3d

Im looking to purchase this car. On the car fax it has "damage reported" and i will have it inspected by a body before purchase.

My concern is though with it being a 2017 car, how do you feel about it having 40k miles and 2 owners? is that normal or should i be worried, besides the damage reported the car fax looks pretty good to me. Thanks for replies in advance

Last edited by Dreebanqz; 04-16-2019 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I would not consider this car to be honest. 40k miles with owners. You have absolutely no idea how this car was treated. Could be two previous owners that decided to buy it, drive it like they stole it and then sell it. This is off course highly speculative but I would not risk it unless you gzn do a full detailed inspection.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

This is probably the third thread in the past week or so with someone asking for opinions about a car that has been in an accident...

The car has been in service for around 2 years and already has 40k miles on it between 2 owners, with some type of damage reported. That is unusual, not typical. It may be all highway miles and it is fine. It may have been abused. No real way for us to know. Also not sure with what's going on under the passenger side headlight.

I wouldn't rely on CarFax providing a complete history. If seriously considering, you should ask for any and all available vehicle documentation beyond CarFax (which may or may not exist) and consider a full pre-purchase inspection, not just body.
      04-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Dreebanqz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
This is probably the third thread in the past week or so with someone asking for opinions about a car that has been in an accident...

The car has been in service for around 2 years and already has 40k miles on it between 2 owners, with some type of damage reported. That is unusual, not typical. It may be all highway miles and it is fine. It may have been abused. No real way for us to know. Also not sure with what's going on under the passenger side headlight.

I wouldn't rely on CarFax providing a complete history. If seriously considering, you should ask for any and all available vehicle documentation beyond CarFax (which may or may not exist) and consider a full pre-purchase inspection, not just body.
yea i noticed under the headlight and i think thats where the damage was. I am also getting a pre purchase inspection done
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #5
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post

An End of a cycle run always springs hope eternal bringing new used buyers closer to the ability of affordability. Many ask the same questions but don't realize the cost of ownership outside of warranty, compounded with multiple owners and excessive year over year mileage.

OP, These are not 100,000 mile worry free luxury automobiles unfortunately!

Last edited by shortseller; 04-16-2019 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410988.50
Clark_Kent2232.00
      04-17-2019, 06:22 AM   #6
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

I had a buddy buy an X6M from these guys. Paperwork was all sketchy and some bait and switch involved. FWIW. He ended up getting a lawyer and got a refund (obv returned the car)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #7
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

I would avoid like the plague. Agree with posters above. This car might possibly need a significant amount of money in maintenance and repairs very soon without the accident. Who knows how it was repaired and if it was done properly.