BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 35i

Wondering if anyone has been able to use Bimmercode to reduce the BSM occurrence to 20 kmh instead of the default 50 kmh?

I saw someone had posted this before that it's possible with going into the ICMQL module in expert mode (screenshot below)... But I don't see expert mode as an option in the ICMQL module in Bimmercode. Am I missing something?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #2
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

IIRC it won't work below certain speed regardless of the limit you code.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertstyle View Post
Wondering if anyone has been able to use Bimmercode to reduce the BSM occurrence to 20 kmh instead of the default 50 kmh?

I saw someone had posted this before that it's possible with going into the ICMQL module in expert mode (screenshot below)... But I don't see expert mode as an option in the ICMQL module in Bimmercode. Am I missing something?
So, it's not just me - I don't have Expert Mode in that module either! There seems to be a few things that cannot be coded on 2018 models (maybe 2017 too), they must have changed a few things and BimmerCode haven't caught up yet.

For me, in ICMQL I have the following available:
- Active Cruise Control default distance
- Default driving mode
- Driving mode memory

No other options and nothing for Expert Mode.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLurker View Post
Quote:

So, it's not just me - I don't have Expert Mode in that module either! There seems to be a few things that cannot be coded on 2018 models (maybe 2017 too), they must have changed a few things and BimmerCode haven't caught up yet.

For me, in ICMQL I have the following available:
- Active Cruise Control default distance
- Default driving mode
- Driving mode memory

No other options and nothing for Expert Mode.
Good to have company!

I reached out to Bimmercode and their response was that expert mode is disabled in the ICMQL module for "safety reasons". I'd really like the BSM to kick in at lower speeds so eventually, I'll probably bite the bullet and go to Esys route to code it. It's comforting to know there's plenty of folks here with expertise in coding the manual way so it's not necessarily uncharted territory!

For those that have done it via Esys, how difficult is it to code the BSM to 20 kmh?
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
willconnect
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Good to have company!

I reached out to Bimmercode and their response was that expert mode is disabled in the ICMQL module for "safety reasons". I'd really like the BSM to kick in at lower speeds so eventually, I'll probably bite the bullet and go to Esys route to code it. It's comforting to know there's plenty of folks here with expertise in coding the manual way so it's not necessarily uncharted territory!

For those that have done it via Esys, how difficult is it to code the BSM to 20 kmh?
I used to be able to use the way earlier version of Bimmercode and entered the Expert mode in ICM and coded below per the cheat sheet. Now the Expert mode seemed to be gone. Maybe we all try to contact the developer to see if he will add the function in the ICM menu or allow Expert mode again.

Active Blind Spot at lower speed
ICM 3000
C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low
50kmh (default)
20kmh (lower gives error)
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #6
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
I set it on mine.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I set it on mine.
Was it recent?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 11:54 PM   #8
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by willconnect View Post
I used to be able to use the way earlier version of Bimmercode and entered the Expert mode in ICM and coded below per the cheat sheet. Now the Expert mode seemed to be gone. Maybe we all try to contact the developer to see if he will add the function in the ICM menu or allow Expert mode again.

Active Blind Spot at lower speed
ICM 3000
C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low
50kmh (default)
20kmh (lower gives error)

Why below 20 kmh give error? Can I set blind spot monitor to work while car is parked like safe exit assist?
Appreciate 0