Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-20-2019, 05:44 AM   #1
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Cravenspeed front plate holder - any experience?

Anyone have any experience with this front plate holder from Cravenspeed?

https://www.cravenspeed.com/front-li...5-2019-bmw-m4/

Seems to be designed to avoid triggering the park distance sensors.

Here’s why I’m asking. After three months of ownership, I was pulled over last week for no front plate. I was fully honest and said I would not be putting a front plate on for aesthetic reasons and that I would gladly pay any fine given it was ultimately my choice. The officer said he understood, agreed with me on the aesthetics (we were standing in front of the car by that time), but noted he had a professional responsibility to stop me (which is fair enough). He took my license, ran a check, then came back and said he would NOT be issuing a fine (I have the best driver record possible here where I live), but wished me luck in not getting one in the future.

Anyway, not sure how much I should continue to press my luck, hence my question above.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
cionide
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

How much is the potential fine?
      02-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Tepr05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2017 F80

I don't have experience with the cravenspeed mount but in general I'm not a fan of tow hook mount solutions for aesthetic reasons. You may not be looking for solutions in general but I just wanted to chime in with my vote for Sto n Sho - https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...4-m3-m2-sns67/
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cionide View Post
How much is the potential fine?
Not entirely sure, to be honest, but I would estimate it would roughly be the cost of this product.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepr05 View Post
I don't have experience with the cravenspeed mount but in general I'm not a fan of tow hook mount solutions for aesthetic reasons. You may not be looking for solutions in general but I just wanted to chime in with my vote for Sto n Sho - https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...4-m3-m2-sns67/
That’s kinda neat! Thanks for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
cwazy1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
That’s kinda neat! Thanks for that.
I have sho-n-sho as well and love it.

The mount is 3M'd to the underside of the lower radiator vent and completely invisible. I leave the plate with the attachment in my trunk. If I get pulled over, I say that I was just at a carshow/meetup and pulled it off. You can immediately put it back on and none the wiser.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
5low5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

I have the cravenspeed holder and I personally like it- both bc I don't have to drill my bumper and for the looks. Works well. Doesn't set the parking sensor off, easy to remove when I wash the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0