European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

M3/4CP PCW exhaust mod

Not sure how many of you follow Paul @ PCW on Facebook but he's just done his first post OPF/PPF mod on an M4CP. In case you don't follow him, Ill copy and paste here:

From Paul;

Quote:
Bit of a world exclusive here 😁 first m4 competition pack with the new petrol filters fitted having been modified by my good self... Resonator v2 and backbox v2 mod done (filters left in place, so emissions unchanged and tested over 100miles, no lights or running issues) and the results shocked me, actually sounds awesome once modified for all those worried buyers who have them on order! Lol... You will need me to mod them though of course 😜 I will upload a full before and after when I get chance
And a reply from the owner (Pietro)

Quote:
I have to say at first I was dubious weather it would be successful with the petrol filter in there , I collected the car the day before from the dealership and was so disappointed with the exhaust sound even the guy who sold it to me said it sounded nothing like the previous version . Anyway yesterday we set off to Milton Keynes and on the way to Paul’s I tried to get the exhaust to pop and bang in sports plus mode ... hopeless ! So I thought maybe after Paul performed his bit of magic it might sound a little better . OMG !! You can’t really hear how bassey and rumbly it is on the video , even in sports mode the low bass noise it makes along with the pops is exactly how I remember my old M performance exhaust ... and when you put your foot down the noise is truly stunning and it’s only done a handful of miles .
Thanks again Paul you made my dream car become a reality , if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me 😊👍

Light (or sound) at the end of the tunnel as Paul works his magic again. Hopefully it will give those of us who were worried that the sound was pants some good hope.

Finally pick my SMB M4CP on Monday 5th Nov then off up to Milton Keynes for the exhaust mod early Dec
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Gelatoman55
Registered
Rep
Drives: BmwM4

Guys all I can say is when the guy at Bmw was videoing me starting the car for the first time he must have seen the look of disappointment on my face as I tried to rev the engine in sports plus and ... nothing , no overrun no pops . So the very next day I travelled to Paul’s and just over an hour later the exhaust was transformed, I wish I could get the sound recorded properly if anyone has any doubts but you can’t appreciate on a phone video , but honestly the sound , the rumble at low revs , Paul was equally impressed as it was his first with the petrol filter ... my dream car is now complete ! Thanks Paul :-)
Appreciate 2
Zippee363.50
Tengocity8566.00
      10-26-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
rhm_SIIM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY19 M4 CP (SMB)

How much does this cost? Can’t see a price anywhere...

Richard.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #4
Zippee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhm_SIIM4 View Post
How much does this cost? Can’t see a price anywhere...

Richard.
No more than £340. (That was based on secondary cat delete, resonator delete and back box mod). May be slightly different without the secondary cat stuff now. Drop him a line.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

What exactly was made to the exhaust? I'm not from the UK but I need to do something about the new shitty exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Zippee
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srac View Post
What exactly was made to the exhaust? I'm not from the UK but I need to do something about the new shitty exhaust.
He previously removed secondary cats, resonator and made more of a bypass in the rear box. With the new OPF/PPF, he removes the resonator and still does the back box mod. Just helps to free the flow up a bit and get a bit more noise.
Appreciate 0