Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

08-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
Jay_bee_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 CP

Opinions on this car which inc JB4/GTS Flash

I'm considering buying this and I'd be really keen to get some opinions on it

http://blakedowncarcompany.co.uk/buy/bmw-m3-dct-saloon/

Is YMB regarded as a good colour (when it comes to moving it on in the future), or is it a bit of a marmite colour?

What are people thoughts on the price and the tech stuff below

In addition to whats in the advert, the additional info I've got out the dealer is:

"Tyres - Michelin Pilot Supersports Fronts 6mm and rears are 7mm
Front Brakes - look almost new with no lip on the discs and very recent pads.
Rear Brakes - very slight lip on discs and plenty of life left in the pads
Catalytic Convertor - still in place so can easily go through an MOT

The car has had a recent MOT with no advisories so will not need another for 12 months.

There is a service pack included with the car which is valid until July 2020 or 50k miles, whichever comes first. It was last serviced at the end of June at a main dealer so it will not need another oil change until June 2019 or a brake fluid change until June 2020 (these will both be covered under the service pack)

I have also spoken to the previous owner about the Scorpion exhaust, it doesn’t have a traditional valve in the same way a standard exhaust which can open to make it louder. It is quite loud on cold start up but soon quietens down as the car warms up
."

When I asked about the JB4, the response from the previous owner (via the dealer) was:

"The gearbox has had the GTS gearbox flash and TCS update.

With regards to the JB4, I haven’t touched it while ive owned the car, I had the car dyno’d to check the AFRs and to ensure the JB4/Car was doing what it should which it was.

The box was never removed when taken to the dealer for servicing
.”

Apparently is was dyno'd putting out 536bhp

Would really appreciate some help!

I'm also considering making an enquiry on this... two very different options
https://www.ashmotorsltd.co.uk/cars/...kardon/199530/

Last edited by Jay_bee_UK; 08-22-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
chedixon
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 YMB Coupe

For that kind of money I'd be looking at an approved used M3 from the BMW network.
I'd always be weary of anything with so many mods.
And YMB is the best colour full stop, gets so much love from people who see it in the flesh
      08-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

JB - balance of 5 year service pack may be meaningless, due to the mods, if your local BMW dealer is stickler for the rules....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Slips
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sakhir

I think I’d buy from BMW at those prices. Unless you want one with mods. Neither are high spec. Would of thought you could of got a lower mileage higher spec for that money. Still very nice cars though.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to buy, I’m sure you will love it they awesome cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
Jay_bee_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the input all, it's kind what I've been thinking. The level of tune has definitely been bothering me. I'm used to mod'd cars from days gone by, but would (given the choice) never have opted for a piggy back system as a principle, but the JB4 seems to be pretty popular over the water.

I've actually just been offered an almost identical deal on a 66 plate CP with 17k on the clock, it's just not the sexiest looking one I've seen. It would definitely would benefit from a 10mm drop and spacers, plus some carbon goodies. Not sure the full spec is listed either:

66 Plate F80 CP

Seem like a better option and do (what are essentially cosmetic) mods myself?
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      08-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_bee_UK View Post
Thanks for the input all, it's kind what I've been thinking. The level of tune has definitely been bothering me. I'm used to mod'd cars from days gone by, but would (given the choice) never have opted for a piggy back system as a principle, but the JB4 seems to be pretty popular over the water.

I've actually just been offered an almost identical deal on a 66 plate CP with 17k on the clock, it's just not the sexiest looking one I've seen. It would definitely would benefit from a 10mm drop and spacers, plus some carbon goodies. Not sure the full spec is listed either:

66 Plate F80 CP

Seem like a better option and do (what are essentially cosmetic) mods myself?
There is a white M4 at HJ Chester for £37k been in their AUC stock for a few months so might be able to haggle that?

I've just snapped up a Pre Reg from them at 10 mikes on the clock for £52kfrom RRP £69k so other deals like that might be worth a look. I know you might not be considering new thoughts
      08-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
Jay_bee_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
There is a white M4 at HJ Chester for £37k been in their AUC stock for a few months so might be able to haggle that?

I've just snapped up a Pre Reg from them at 10 mikes on the clock for £52kfrom RRP £69k so other deals like that might be worth a look. I know you might not be considering new thoughts
Thanks Chris.

Just checked BMW site (and HJ), can't see it, must have just gone.

A dealer I was speaking to on Monday mentioned that pre-reg deals are amazing at the moment, you got an incredible deal there!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
Jay_bee_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep

This Can Be Deleted Now
Appreciate 0