ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Calling EAS Carbon seat back cover owners

Just picked up a brand new in the box EAS CF seat shell cover set from a forum member. I noticed what seems to be a lot of imperfections in the clear coat.

Upon close inspection it looks like a ton pits in the clear, on their website the clear looks beautiful, perfect and shiny. My set has a ton of these little dots in the clear, and on the sides the clear seems a bit dull like it wasn't polished correctly. Also the rear head rest covers will not sit flush no matter what I did, there is a 1/4" gap at the bottom. For owners of this set, does your finish look like this? Also do you have fitment issues with the rear headrests?

I did get a good deal on the set, couple hundred off from the normal price but I'm concerned I received maybe a "B" grade set? The seller did have a couple sets he was selling. If this is not normal and really "B" stock, I would be really disappointed and would have paid full price to get a perfect set.

Rear fitment

Last edited by DanMpower; 08-21-2018 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

I am sorry I can't answer your question, but that is bad quality and I wouldn't put that on my car.
I had an issue with the Kohlenstoff diffuser that was just like that, probably even worse. Very bad quality, holes everywhere you can literally see right through it. I had to return it.
Appreciate 0