Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-29-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 60i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Soon to be M4 Convertible owner

Hi Guys

Order placed and delivery this week sometime for a new M4 Comp Pack Convertible in Sakhir Orange

She comes with the following;

20" Black 666 M star-spoke alloys
Black Extended Merino Leather
Carbon Fiber interior trim
M Comp Pack
Convertible Comfort Pack
Reversing Assist
Head Up Display
LED Icon Lights
Harmon Kardon speakers

and other bits I can't remember

Looking forward to getting some pics up asap and interested in what your thoughts are.

Coming from an M5 so should be interesting
"TORQUE" ---------is how far you take the fence with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Congrats! Same here, did you get it from Lloyds in Fenham or Stratstone?

Got my black M4 Convertible CP back in March, very similar spec... I got all the packs and usual compulsory extras but kinda regretting not getting the icon lights - they're bad ass AF.

Looking forward to seeing the pictorial goods!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Welcome to 'vert' ownership.

Have a similarly specced Mineral White CP with carbon splitter and diffuser.

Top tip from me is to get the wind deflector if it's not coming with one. The wind isn't bad by any means and is nice and pleasant in most cases, but it can be a bit of a chore on long distance trips. If the better half has long hair, and you're going out, it will definitely mean the roof up sometimes to prevent it being messed up.

The deflector is fantastic and the cabin is a place of harmony and quiet. It's easy to get in and out and easily stores in the boot if you have passengers too. It's a little expensive at around £500 but you may be able to get a deal.

Enjoy the weather!
Appreciate 1
t5pilot977.50
      05-30-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
AM9X
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:42 AM   #5
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post
Welcome to 'vert' ownership.

Have a similarly specced Mineral White CP with carbon splitter and diffuser.

Top tip from me is to get the wind deflector if it's not coming with one. The wind isn't bad by any means and is nice and pleasant in most cases, but it can be a bit of a chore on long distance trips. If the better half has long hair, and you're going out, it will definitely mean the roof up sometimes to prevent it being messed up.

The deflector is fantastic and the cabin is a place of harmony and quiet. It's easy to get in and out and easily stores in the boot if you have passengers too. It's a little expensive at around £500 but you may be able to get a deal.

Enjoy the weather!
The wind deflector comes as part of the Convertible Comfort pack and tried one with and without and have to say it is a must - stores behind the rear seats if not in use

They had a Mineral White in the showroom last week and she looked lovely but had a look at the Sakhir Orange and could not resist with the black interior, just had to go for that.

Picking her up at 4.30 today from Lloyd BMW in Fenham - would not go neat Stratstones sorry and as for Cooper in East Boldon, well what can I say!

This will be my 4th car off Lloyd in 2 years (Discovery 4 now sold, Z4 for sale and the M5 which they are taking back) and they do a great deal and look after you.

Pics to follow as soon as I can
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:50 AM   #6
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

In hindsight, I now wish I had not gone near Stratstones. Literally everybody I know who has ever bought a car from them has had issues with both the car and their service, including me now.

I bought my previous 2 cars from Lloyds Fenham - kinda wish I'd stuck with them but the right car came up at the right time at Mookstones.

Enjoy, shame about the weather today but there'll be a few decent days left in the year hopefully!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Well just been to pick her up and back home so here are a couple of pics - more as soon as she has been cleaned properly lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Coupe

That looks great!!!
      05-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #9
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

To be fair, that looks outrageously magnificent, I'm slightly beginning to regret getting a black one haha
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #10
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Roof down for the short journey home and no wind deflector in but still enjoyed the drive and especially the sound
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:29 PM   #11
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Ah yes the sound...

I must admit it's definitely a pleasure with the roof down.

Valves open and the glorious overun burbles.. down shifts and the tunnels on full chat.. Brilliant stuff...

Car indeed looks fantastic.. nice choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #12
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Looks amazing.

I see your M5 is now for sale at £46,900

What was the reason for selling it as the spec looks epic
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
Looks amazing.

I see your M5 is now for sale at £46,900

What was the reason for selling it as the spec looks epic
Long story really but got a Z4 that I loved for weekends and the odd day out and at the same time had a Discovery 4 that we used to pull a caravan and used as my everyday car.

Went to a polishing day and had a look at an M4 convertible and fell in love with it so tried to do a deal on the Z4 but at the time the deal was a none starter. I was in the Disco and they said they would buy that off me in px for the M4 and I said that would leave me with 2 convertibles!

On the way out the showroom the salesman said if I wanted an M car he had one which was the M5 and it was one of the last and a pre reg so massive saving - after chatting with the "other half" she liked the M5 and we had just sold the caravan and purchased a motorhome so had no real use for the Disco so a deal was done.

Kind of regretted it so tried again a few weeks ago to buy an M4 trading the 2 (Z4 and M5) but that failed and I tried to sell both - eventually Lloyd came up with an offer on the M5 that I could not refuse so traded it in and took the M4 - just got the Z4 to sell now
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #14
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japseroony View Post
Long story really but got a Z4 that I loved for weekends and the odd day out and at the same time had a Discovery 4 that we used to pull a caravan and used as my everyday car.

Went to a polishing day and had a look at an M4 convertible and fell in love with it so tried to do a deal on the Z4 but at the time the deal was a none starter. I was in the Disco and they said they would buy that off me in px for the M4 and I said that would leave me with 2 convertibles!

On the way out the showroom the salesman said if I wanted an M car he had one which was the M5 and it was one of the last and a pre reg so massive saving - after chatting with the "other half" she liked the M5 and we had just sold the caravan and purchased a motorhome so had no real use for the Disco so a deal was done.

Kind of regretted it so tried again a few weeks ago to buy an M4 trading the 2 (Z4 and M5) but that failed and I tried to sell both - eventually Lloyd came up with an offer on the M5 that I could not refuse so traded it in and took the M4 - just got the Z4 to sell now

I had a chat with the dealer about your car but the trade in was awful, they are not bothered about spec or condition of mine just offer trade.

Was the M5 a good car or did you get tired of it easily, I had a 5 series years ago, only a 20D but it was a superb car.

Does the Sakir Orange look different in the flesh compared to the photos because I have never seen one in real life. Looks amazing in the photos.

Enjoy the M4 great weather at the moment as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 12:08 PM   #15
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Quote:
I had a chat with the dealer about your car but the trade in was awful, they are not bothered about spec or condition of mine just offer trade.

Was the M5 a good car or did you get tired of it easily, I had a 5 series years ago, only a 20D but it was a superb car.

Does the Sakir Orange look different in the flesh compared to the photos because I have never seen one in real life. Looks amazing in the photos.

Enjoy the M4 great weather at the moment as well.
Have to say the M5 is and was a great car and you can easily drive around the doors with no problem but when you want some fun you just tickled the right pedal and off you went.

My problem is cars are my Achilles heel and I love to change them and whilst I enjoyed the M5 it was not for me and more if an impulse purchase at the time as I could not get what I wanted way back in Dec 16.

She would be a good one to buy as she is fully loaded and I mean fully and has been well looked after - I tend to pamper them too much so if you are looking for one it would be the one to buy
Appreciate 1
OneExtra810.50
      06-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #16
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japseroony View Post
Have to say the M5 is and was a great car and you can easily drive around the doors with no problem but when you want some fun you just tickled the right pedal and off you went.

My problem is cars are my Achilles heel and I love to change them and whilst I enjoyed the M5 it was not for me and more if an impulse purchase at the time as I could not get what I wanted way back in Dec 16.

She would be a good one to buy as she is fully loaded and I mean fully and has been well looked after - I tend to pamper them too much so if you are looking for one it would be the one to buy
Thanks mate

Just need to look at that issue you posted about the hubs and the corrosion which isn't great.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks mate

Just need to look at that issue you posted about the hubs and the corrosion which isn't great.
Yes, that was my only gripe about the M5 and it seems to be the same for most BMW cars which is a shame.

I did start to go through the process of contacting BMW customer services but stopped once the deal was done - not sure what the outcome would have been.

Lloyd have said they have painted some but after a while the corrosion comes back through.

Might be something to beat them down with if you are interested
Appreciate 1
OneExtra810.50
      06-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #18
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Still not been cleaned properly yet but here are a couple of pics in the sun - stunning colour and changes so much
Attached Images

Appreciate 0