Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP YMB

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
CP vs MPE Exhaust - views from those running MPE for a while now

I know this has been discussed a number of times - but help me out! I've reviewed the videos and read the threads but would appreciate some views from those who have had MPE for a while now...

I have an M3 CP DCT on order in YMB with Carbon exterior and pretty much every option ticked now. Due into dealer mid-June. Trying to decide whether to go with MPE with Carbon Tips - very tempted... Would want to do it from new so I can add to 0% finance & cover with GAP etc...

Those that have it and in particular those that went from CP Sport exhaust to MPE - what do you think? For those that use your M3/4 as your daily, what has it really been like to live with? Thinking of the neighbours at 6am on startup, am I right in understanding in Economy it is nearly as muted as standard?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
YMBF801989
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 YMB/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethbridge View Post
I know this has been discussed a number of times - but help me out! I've reviewed the videos and read the threads but would appreciate some views from those who have had MPE for a while now...

I have an M3 CP DCT on order in YMB with Carbon exterior and pretty much every option ticked now. Due into dealer mid-June. Trying to decide whether to go with MPE with Carbon Tips - very tempted... Would want to do it from new so I can add to 0% finance & cover with GAP etc...

Those that have it and in particular those that went from CP Sport exhaust to MPE - what do you think? For those that use your M3/4 as your daily, what has it really been like to live with? Thinking of the neighbours at 6am on startup, am I right in understanding in Economy it is nearly as muted as standard?
Generally, I find my non CP M3 and factory exhaust to be quite loud on startup! Put it in Sport/Sport+ and it's even louder!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Quote:

MPE + CP is fantastic, i have a non CP with MPE on 1.5 years, miles of smiles

Well worth it IMO have a look on my instagram for some pictures of YMB with MPE @n2jon

Cheers
John
      05-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees View Post

Well worth it IMO have a look on my instagram for some pictures of YMB with MPE @n2jon

Cheers
John
Very nice car ... Appreciate the feedback...
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      05-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #5
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Awesome looking car. The carbon looks great with the YMB!

Need sound clips haha
      05-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #6
JayJogia
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 LCI

Quote:

I upgraded from a stock system to MPE on my M4 - I would recommend 100%

It takes a bit of running in for it to open up, I have had mine for 8 months now and its sounds pretty beastly especially on Sport/Sport+
      05-17-2018, 04:01 AM   #7
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:

I went from CP Sport exhaust to MPE.

Daily driver.

It's fantastic. In efficient mode, it's not really louder as such, just deeper. It's certainly not intrusive no matter what speed you're at.

Cold starts are a little louder, but also deeper, which partly masks the increased loudness.

It only gets properly loud when you add more power (as in mapping) & remove the stock downpipes.

Even with these, neighbours haven't complained yet... just set off real steady!

The only thing I'd consider is your choice of tips. IMO with the C/F exterior kit, the C/F tips are a little overkill. I have the titanium tips which, for me, seems to be a nice balance.

Hope this has been some kind of help.
Attached Images

05-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #8
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post

Daily driver.

It's fantastic. In efficient mode, it's not really louder as such, just deeper. It's certainly not intrusive no matter what speed you're at.

Cold starts are a little louder, but also deeper, which partly masks the increased loudness.

It only gets properly loud when you add more power (as in mapping) & remove the stock downpipes.

The only thing I'd consider is your choice of tips. IMO with the C/F exterior kit, the C/F tips are a little overkill. I have the titanium tips which, for me, seems to be a nice balance.

That's really helpful for me I'm sold on it now - just need to get dealer to stick it on at a decent price!
Appreciate 1
t5pilot977.50
      05-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #9
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Daily driver.

That's really helpful for me I'm sold on it now - just need to get dealer to stick it on at a decent price!
Haha yeh got my attention too! Looks smart with the titanium finish, end of the day i want to hear it not look at it! Plenty of carbon on the car to admire
      05-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #10
JaseG
England
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 CP

I would love to fit the MPE to mine, all for a louder exhaust note, to match my bikes then
But am seriously struggling to justify the cost of the box.

As for the tips, I would go for the carbon fibre. Easier to keep clean, allowing more time to listen to its tunes.

BMW F83 (17) / S1000R (17)
Kawasaki H2SX SE+ (20)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #11
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseG View Post
I would love to fit the MPE to mine, all for a louder exhaust note, to match my bikes then
But am seriously struggling to justify the cost of the box.

As for the tips, I would go for the carbon fibre. Easier to keep clean, allowing more time to listen to its tunes.
That's why I decided it was best to get it now & bury the cost in the purchase of the car!! I'm going CF - can't have too much of it in my view but equally get the logic of going Titanium!
Appreciate 1
r0wr589.00
      05-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #12
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

I had my friend who had it on his Competition M4, all I can say that it is really loud and aggressive but price is too much here in UAE over 10K
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #13
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

What prices are we talking? 2700-3000 Pounds via BMW Cotswolds or better?
      05-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #14
Paul SR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Touring

I thought the MPE had issues with cracking? Aren’t BMW meant to be bringing out an upgraded version?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #15
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Had non CP 2017 and exhaust was good but felt like it was missing something.

Traded it for CP 2018 with MPE and its much more of what I feel an M car should be. I'm always in dynamic mode and I love the sound.

But again, depends on what you are looking for.
Appreciate 1
t5pilot977.50
      05-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #16
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SR View Post
I thought the MPE had issues with cracking? Aren’t BMW meant to be bringing out an upgraded version?
They do Paul, mine had cracked. I posted a fix for it a bit ago.
But you're right, new ones now should be ok.
      06-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #17
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Check out Cotswolds (on Cutters). They have the MPE 'on offer' - £3K with carbon tips, £2.9K titanium tips. Pretty good prices those - Although there's an ad from a site sponsor selling an almost new (literally a week old) carbon tipped system for £2.4K I think it is.... Yes, link below. And that's delivered!

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197582
      06-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #18
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Check out Cotswolds (on Cutters). They have the MPE 'on offer' - £3K with carbon tips, £2.9K titanium tips. Pretty good prices those - Although there's an ad from a site sponsor selling an almost new (literally a week old) carbon tipped system for £2.4K I think it is.... Yes, link below. And that's delivered!

Thanks - mine is sorted now... Getting it fitted by my dealer as part of my new car order so I get it added to the 0% PCP - not much more than Cotswold inc. fitting - should be collecting it 2 weeks tomorrow
      06-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #19
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks - mine is sorted now... Getting it fitted by my dealer as part of my new car order so I get it added to the 0% PCP - not much more than Cotswold inc. fitting - should be collecting it 2 weeks tomorrow
Excellent
      06-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #20
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees View Post

Cheers
John
Some great pictures there Jon of a gorgeous motor

Picking up my YMB M4 CP next Tuesday with full carbon so those pics have really whetted my appetite!

Rukka

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #21
shergill1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 comp

2018 M4 Comp

I pick up my M4 comp this Friday.

I was going to go for a full custom straight pipe exhaust, as it's significantly cheaper than the MP exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #22
YMBF801989
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 YMB/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shergill1 View Post
I pick up my M4 comp this Friday.

I was going to go for a full custom straight pipe exhaust, as it's significantly cheaper than the MP exhaust.
Don't forget your ear plugs.
Appreciate 0