Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Wheels / Tires

05-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
Fast_Future
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Trade: My OEM BLACK 666M wheels for your Powdercoated BLACK 666M's

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking to trade my brand new 666M wheels in black, for your car 666M wheels in powder coated matte black or gloss black. My wheels are flawless as the car has 150 miles on it.

Trade is for wheels only so we would need to swap tires unless your tires are also as new as mine.

Located in Long Beach, CA. No shipping.

Attached Images

Last edited by Fast_Future; 05-04-2018 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Probably easier to just do it yourself?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
Fast_Future
Private First Class
Rep

Its a major pain in the ass to powder coat because you need to remove your wheels, then go get your tires removed, then drop them off at a shop for a few days, pick them up, have the tires re-mounted then re-install. Definitely much easier if you have a second car or if it is done prior to delivery by a dealer!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #4
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceR View Post
Its a major pain in the ass to powder coat because you need to remove your wheels, then go get your tires removed, then drop them off at a shop for a few days, pick them up, have the tires re-mounted then re-install. Definitely much easier if you have a second car or if it is done prior to delivery by a dealer!
Most shops don't like blocking up two bays to dismount and mount tires and re balance for 1hr min 2hrs max if they run into problems resetting tpms, risk tpms damage or bead damage all risks but not likely but shit happens also not getting a tire balanced x2 vehicles. Then you have to picky M customer : I think having yours done instead swapping and putting a second person through all that possible hell is better

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/locator/results

They do a good job they had all the equipment for powder coating at my location in Birmingham and I've noticed they are all over the country they can do it while you wait or drop car somethings they can come to you they have full trailers and they dismount, paint, and road force balance they even straighten and repair call them.

I know yours are new so it may be quicker but they did all 4wheels powder coat and straighten gloss black in 5hrs and was $650
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
ags28
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

powder coat

I recently took my wheels to Kings Powder Coating in Placentia. They did everything: dismount tires, powder coat wheels, mount & balance tires. Everything was professional and prompt. Powder coat looks great and price was more than reasonable. Ask for Jay - 714 326-9336. I have no affiliation with them....
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
Fast_Future
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSAPPE92 View Post
Most shops don't like blocking up two bays to dismount and mount tires and re balance for 1hr min 2hrs max if they run into problems resetting tpms, risk tpms damage or bead damage all risks but not likely but shit happens also not getting a tire balanced x2 vehicles. Then you have to picky M customer : I think having yours done instead swapping and putting a second person through all that possible hell is better

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/locator/results

They do a good job they had all the equipment for powder coating at my location in Birmingham and I've noticed they are all over the country they can do it while you wait or drop car somethings they can come to you they have full trailers and they dismount, paint, and road force balance they even straighten and repair call them.

I know yours are new so it may be quicker but they did all 4wheels powder coat and straighten gloss black in 5hrs and was $650
That is a great recommendation, thank you!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for, will definitely give them a call! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
goldenmeeko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3

pm and local
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
Fast_Future
Private First Class
Rep