BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Original Tifosi
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135 RBs, LSD, KWs

Audio no longer working or able to select different audio source on IDrive

2008 135i
So it just happened a few days ago. Master cylinder took a dump and the car then sat for 2 days until I had time to fix it. Ever since then when I go to select an audio source, since it just stopped working out of nowhere, its stuck on CD/DVD and will not select anything else. Then when I put a CD in I can't hear it either. Also when I start the car the SOS message with the slash in it appears in the cluster which didn't happen before. Don't know if this is related or not. If pictures, a video anything would help diagnose let me know. Thank you guys!

Also yes I have tried doing a reboot of the IDrive with the 2 eject buttons and the mute button and even disconnected the battery for 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

For me when I got the SOS call function disabled error I had to replace the module in the trunk! Since then I'm able to use my iPhone for music through AUX/Bluetooth calling / didn't know if I had an issue with the CD as I never used it. Also have an 08. Hope you get it resolved soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Original Tifosi
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135 RBs, LSD, KWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
For me when I got the SOS call function disabled error I had to replace the module in the trunk! Since then I'm able to use my iPhone for music through AUX/Bluetooth calling / didn't know if I had an issue with the CD as I never used it. Also have an 08. Hope you get it resolved soon.
So when that SOS message started popping up is when you lost music? Do you remember what that module was? Thank you I show so too it’s driving me nuts haha
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Tifosi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
So when that SOS message started popping up is when you lost music? Do you remember what that module was? Thank you I show so too it’s driving me nuts haha
I replaced the SAT radio module in the back, I'm unsure if this is the same as the TCU you need to confirm. Since then I've been jamming to music no issues.
Appreciate 0