EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
AUC checks.........

Picked up the M4 this morning....

Turned right out of the garage after about 400m the tyre pressure warning light came on so I pulled over.

Right rear flat as a pancake.... Inspected the tyre couldn't see/feel any nails etc.

Went to get the compressor out and at that point noticed the valve stem was loose and moved freely....

So limped it back to service department. Needs a new tyre and didn't have any in stock so will get fixed on Monday.

But enjoyed the 800m in it so far, it does sound well
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
Geordie Amanda
George Clooney Stalker
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT with a bag of Haribo

Nooooo. I can imagine how you feel. I picked my pre-reg m4 up a couple of weeks ago and that would have taken the shine off it for me. Mind you mine is going in next week to fix a door rattle and the adaptive headlight button, which is so stiff, it's easy to flip the main beam on as the stalk shoots forward with the effort needed Other than that I'm enjoying the running in. Gave the throttle a little snort coming out of a carpark I know well, this evening and whereas in my m135 used to do a little squiggle, this time I got a good amount of "OOOPS that was exciting" (in a good way). Only quarter throttle and around 2,000rpm. I'm blaming/praising [delete as you find applicable] the cold tyres
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
EvilMiyagi
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '64 BMW F83 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Amanda View Post
Nooooo. I can imagine how you feel. I picked my pre-reg m4 up a couple of weeks ago and that would have taken the shine off it for me. Mind you mine is going in next week to fix a door rattle and the adaptive headlight button, which is so stiff, it's easy to flip the main beam on as the stalk shoots forward with the effort needed Other than that I'm enjoying the running in. Gave the throttle a little snort coming out of a carpark I know well, this evening and whereas in my m135 used to do a little squiggle, this time I got a good amount of "OOOPS that was exciting" (in a good way). Only quarter throttle and around 2,000rpm. I'm blaming/praising [delete as you find applicable] the cold tyres
Glad you're enjoying it Mine has now officially left building and I'm running around in a couple of interesting cars:

Mostly, a Nardo Grey Bentley Continental GTC (6.0 W12 Twin Turbo) but I also had an Aston Martin DB9 Vantage (6.0 V12) for a day.

Needless to say, I'm quite liking not having my M4 now
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
That sucks. Once you hit 900m, the car really opens up.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
Geordie Amanda
George Clooney Stalker
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMiyagi View Post
Glad you're enjoying it Mine has now officially left building and I'm running around in a couple of interesting cars:

Mostly, a Nardo Grey Bentley Continental GTC (6.0 W12 Twin Turbo) but I also had an Aston Martin DB9 Vantage (6.0 V12) for a day.

Needless to say, I'm quite liking not having my M4 now
I've driven an Continental Speed! (many years ago) and that was rated at around 600bhp if I recall.

It was kind of how I imagine being strapped into a Winchester armchair and being launched from a steam catapult.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #6
Geordie Amanda
George Clooney Stalker
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
That sucks. Once you hit 900m, the car really opens up.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #7
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Got it yesterday. It is quite fast and loud.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #8
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Coupe

OP - nightmare! I had a recent similar issue with a replacement tyre, they hadn't seated the TPMS valve correctly and the tyre kept deflating.