Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
Bob1098R
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 40D

New owner advice, exhaust & service pack

Good evening all, I wonder if you guys can share some of your knowledge with me ?
I should be collecting my F82 in Tanzanite sometime next week , I opted for the standard car, after twice taking out the CP for a test drive,
I found the suspension harsh & bit too much tyre noise after owning X5's for the last 8 years , so the dealer advised the standard M4 would be a better fit as its a wee bit more forgiving,

This leaves me with an exhaust to purchase as I would definitely like more noise when on the gas, I read on here that some dealers are selling used CP exhausts they have swapped out, is that common ?

Are any of the aftermarket systems worth looking at ?
I don't want to be too loud but definitely a few DB's up from stock,

Also is it possible to purchase the service pack ?
The dealer was very keen for me to take it on the F15 but he's not mentioned it so far on the M4,

Any advice is most welcome,
All the best,
Bob.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

If you fit the CP exhaust to the standard car I believe you'll need to have the CP software flashed as most of the sound difference (pops and crackles on over run etc...) is software related.
      04-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
Lawton438
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1098R View Post
Good evening all, I wonder if you guys can share some of your knowledge with me ?
I should be collecting my F82 in Tanzanite sometime next week , I opted for the standard car, after twice taking out the CP for a test drive,
I found the suspension harsh & bit too much tyre noise after owning X5's for the last 8 years , so the dealer advised the standard M4 would be a better fit as its a wee bit more forgiving,

This leaves me with an exhaust to purchase as I would definitely like more noise when on the gas, I read on here that some dealers are selling used CP exhausts they have swapped out, is that common ?

Are any of the aftermarket systems worth looking at ?
I don't want to be too loud but definitely a few DB's up from stock,

Also is it possible to purchase the service pack ?
The dealer was very keen for me to take it on the F15 but he's not mentioned it so far on the M4,

Any advice is most welcome,
All the best,
Bob.

There’s plenty of exhausts out there mate, I’ve personally got a remus system. But if you were looking at keeping your warranty then your best bet would be the performance Exhaust from bm
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Bob1098R
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 40D

Thanks for getting back to me guys , so if I went for a CP exhaust I'd have to get a software update,I'll send an email to the dealer & see what they can do
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 04:55 AM   #5
Paul SR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Touring

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me guys , so if I went for a CP exhaust I'd have to get a software update,I'll send an email to the dealer & see what they can do
Try Cotswold BMW as I know they had a few CP exhausts lying around as they had fitted MPEs to demonstrators
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #6
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I believe that is the case but I doubt your dealer will flash a standard car with the CP software as it will void the warranty as far as BMW AG are concerned, plenty of aftermarket guys will though.
      04-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #7
Geordie Amanda
George Clooney Stalker
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT with a bag of Haribo

I recently picked up a standard M4 for the same reasons as the OP. I fancy putting the MPE on the car at some point and wondered about the popples and crackles. I put the MPE on my previous M135 and it produced more pops and bangs without any coding (as far as I know). So does this mean an MPE on a stock M4 wont produce more pops and crackles etc, just more noise?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

CP exhaust and MPE are totally different.