proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Bay Area allocations/ED - feedback please

I'm considering ordering an individual M3 and doing ED. I was hoping that new owners in the Bay Area that went through the ordering process recently can share their experiences (and recommendations) regarding dealers that actually have allocations (not claim to..), and the broader dealer experience if you opted for ED.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Victor Hung @ Peter Pan BMW - straightforward no BS kind of guy. Friend and I ordered 2 cars for ED through him last time.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
buckeyesi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 SMB ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
I'm considering ordering an individual M3 and doing ED. I was hoping that new owners in the Bay Area that went through the ordering process recently can share their experiences (and recommendations) regarding dealers that actually have allocations (not claim to..), and the broader dealer experience if you opted for ED.

Thanks.
I opted to go outside of the Bay Area when ordering just because I wanted a salesman who was very familiar with the Individual ordering process and ED. Not to mention I feel like Bay Area dealers aren't discounting much; I've heard of markups, especially back in 2015. Although I hear some folks got good deals from Stevens Creek BMW.

You should get in touch with David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW in SoCal. I ordered my current M3 from him in 2015 that I did ED and just placed my order through him for Individual San Marino Blue and will be doing ED again this year. Super easy process. I think my color was approved within a couple days of submission. Perhaps some of that could be the amount of Individual orders that come through David. They can redirect the car to a dealer in the Bay Area for re-delivery after it gets stateside if that's a concern. Ping GOLFFRR on this board. He works with David.
On Order: 2018 M3 Individual San Marino Blue/Sakhir Orange Ext, 6MT, Comp Pkg
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10827.00
      01-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesi View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
I opted to go outside of the Bay Area when ordering just because I wanted a salesman who was very familiar with the Individual ordering process and ED. Not to mention I feel like Bay Area dealers aren't discounting much; I've heard of markups, especially back in 2015. Although I hear some folks got good deals from Stevens Creek BMW.

You should get in touch with David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW in SoCal. I ordered my current M3 from him in 2015 that I did ED and just placed my order through him for Individual San Marino Blue and will be doing ED again this year. Super easy process. I think my color was approved within a couple days of submission. Perhaps some of that could be the amount of Individual orders that come through David. They can redirect the car to a dealer in the Bay Area for re-delivery after it gets stateside if that's a concern. Ping GOLFFRR on this board. He works with David.
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesi View Post

Quote:
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Feel free to PM me anytime. Im on here everyday till 545pm. David is out of the country in Sweden attending the M sales awards where he won top M sales rep again this year but should be back late next week!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

There's a post in the General M3/4 forum that says M3 production will be ending early. I think it's completely unsubstantiated but you may want to keep an eye on that post. Even if M3 production ends in October as anticipated, you don't have a lot of time left for an Individual order.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #7
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks.
Here's a nice list of friendly socal, credit to Thescout13

Paul Bailey, Irvine BMW
paulb@irvinebmw.com

Greg Poland, Pacific BMW, Glendale
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com

Dave Parker, Stevens Creek BMW, Santa Clara
Dave.Parker@stevenscreekbmw.com

David Aviles, Steve Thomas BMW, Camarillo
bmwdavid@icloud.com

Mike Scholtz, BMW of Ontario
mscholz@bmwontario.dsmessage.com

Jeff Kaltman, Rusnak BMW, Thousand Oaks
bmwwecare@rusnakautogroup.com

Mark Decker, BMW of Riverside
mdecker@bmwriverside.com

Steve Pangelina, BMW of Santa Maria
steve.pangelina@gmail.com

Steve Marx, South Bay BMW, Torrance
smarx@southbaybmw.com

Ahmad Banat, Long Beach BMW
Ahmad.Banat@longbeachbmw.com
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      01-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #8
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
Here's a nice list of friendly socal, credit to Thescout13

Paul Bailey, Irvine BMW
paulb@irvinebmw.com

Greg Poland, Pacific BMW, Glendale
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com

Dave Parker, Stevens Creek BMW, Santa Clara
Dave.Parker@stevenscreekbmw.com

David Aviles, Steve Thomas BMW, Camarillo
bmwdavid@icloud.com

Mike Scholtz, BMW of Ontario
mscholz@bmwontario.dsmessage.com

Jeff Kaltman, Rusnak BMW, Thousand Oaks
bmwwecare@rusnakautogroup.com

Mark Decker, BMW of Riverside
mdecker@bmwriverside.com

Steve Pangelina, BMW of Santa Maria
steve.pangelina@gmail.com

Steve Marx, South Bay BMW, Torrance
smarx@southbaybmw.com

Ahmad Banat, Long Beach BMW
Ahmad.Banat@longbeachbmw.com
Wow, thanks for the list. Much appreciated, will hopefully report a successful transaction!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

When I was in the market back in December 2016, the Socal dealers definitely offered better deals than the dealers in Norcal.

In the end, I ended up ordering from a local Norcal dealer, and the price was $1,000 more than what I found in Socal.

Some important factors for me: the local dealer had an allocation at status 112 (while the Socal dealers did not have any remaining allocations for December), and the time saved by not having to go down to Socal to drive the new car up. These things may or may not be as important to you, but be prepared to pay a little more if you want to stay local.

Good luck!

Edit: just realized you going individual and doing ED. For me, a dealer with individual and ED experience as well as excellent customer service would be at the top of my list (even if it ends up costing slightly more) in such a scenario.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18193.50