Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
SapphireHawk
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Caught the Mod bug

I've had my M3 for a short time. Drove it for a week during ED and 3 weeks back state side.

Today installed an AA midpipe, UCC Short shifter, CG VCS-2 exhaust control, turner oil cooler skid plate, winter wheels and tires.

The guys at the DYI garage I do work at were baffled that I put a virgin car under the knife so quickly. But hey, it's all about what makes you happy, right?

Coming from GM muscle, I was very impressed with the fit of all the parts, easiest bolt-ons I've ever done. I enjoyed seeing the time & engineering that has gone into the BMW and all the aftermarket parts.

I'm hooked!!

Next on the block is a UCP, reflector deletes and a hardwired dash cam.

Spring can't come soon enough, I want to track this car.
      12-30-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Luc@Speed&Tech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G80 M3, E92 M3, F56 JCW

I originally intended to just swap out my chrome grills for black ones when I got my M4....now I'm trying to figure out how I've spent $20k. Be careful.

23541 Pebble Run Place, Unit 140
Sterling, VA 20166 (Satellite shop)
Appreciate 5
      12-30-2017, 12:43 AM   #3
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
I originally intended to just swap out my chrome grills for black ones when I got my M4....now I'm trying to figure out how I've spent $20k. Be careful.
Yup same here, $20k in goodies but I can't find an insurance that covers more than $5k for accessories. Damn exhaust cost more than that!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 12:53 AM   #4
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 SSII

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
Quote:
Yup same here, $20k in goodies but I can't find an insurance that covers more than $5k for accessories. Damn exhaust cost more than that!
Hmm. Interesting my insurance agent from Statefarm says i just have to make sure i have receipts and its covered.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 01:27 AM   #5
SapphireHawk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinized52 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hmm. Interesting my insurance agent from Statefarm says i just have to make sure i have receipts and its covered.
All off my insurance agents have always told me to save my recipients for parts and communicate the current value of the car. They will adjust the premium accordingly.

I think my poorly chosen CCBs cost me another $15-20 a month. It's easy to insure value based on cost/risk.

This was more a post about the pleasure of the car. I'm having fun. Once it gets warm, hope to have much more. It's an amazing vehicle. ?
      12-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #6
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ask specifically how much CPE/accessory coverage you have. It's probably $5k max for your customized parts or equipment so in the event of a total loss, you will provide all of your receipts and only get $5k for those and another check for however much your car would have been worth based on it's stock form.

If they say they will replace or reimburse you for everything in the event of a total loss, I will probably look into switching.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Ask specifically how much CPE/accessory coverage you have. It's probably $5k max for your customized parts or equipment so in the event of a total loss, you will provide all of your receipts and only get $5k for those and another check for however much your car would have been worth based on it's stock form.

If they say they will replace or reimburse you for everything in the event of a total loss, I will probably look into switching.
Well, if it were a total loss scenario... that's a completely different story. I doubt I would even recoup the original $$ spent on just the car alone. These cars arent worth as much after they leave the lot. (Especially since i got mine before the CP came out). Lets just hope a total loss scenario doesnt happen... thats a losing battle with or without mods.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well, if it were a total loss scenario... that's a completely different story. I doubt I would even recoup the original $$ spent on just the car alone. These cars arent worth as much after they leave the lot. Lets just hope a total loss scenario doesnt happen... thats a losing battle with or without mods.
That is a good perspective to have. It's not like these things are an investment anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #9
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
That is a good perspective to have. It's not like these things are an investment anyway.
Lol.. yep! Those that say they are are Fools! Fortunately for me, most of my expensive parts are all sponsored (either heavily discounted/free). In a total loss scenario... just part out salvageable aftemarket parts.

Also, I leased mine under my biz, so i can write off everything spend on it any way. I original had the intention that Once it my lease is up, i would then buy under my name... which I likely will. Unless i can buy it back under my biz.... i need to ask my accountant if I can do that. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #10
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Pace yourself my man. Savor and enjoy each mod before moving onto the next!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

What you need to do is stock pile all the mods and install one at a time to maximize giddy feeling
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!

How does the AA mipdipe sound?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #13
Rgs M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Pure stage 2, Bm3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got the same answer from State Farm
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #14
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgs M4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you ask if there was a value limit for a single CPE claim and they responded have receipt and all will be covered?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #15
SapphireHawk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllRoadPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireHawk View Post
OP, which dash cam are you planning to run? I've never used one but they have recently caught my interest. We have alot of silly accidents out here, so a cam isn't bad insurance.
I picked up a blackvue 750s-2ch with a celllink battery b for parking mode power. Dash cam video is good on for both front and rear cameras, and I like the connectivity options.

The 750s has cloud support if you connect it to WiFi. I currently have it using the vehicle WiFi hot spot, but I'm going to pick up a MiFi and run it off the celllink too for extended connectivity. Accessory power and iDrive shuts off pretty quickly so an aux power source is required.

I like the idea of being able to view the video and parking mode alerts remotely. This is the nicest car I've ever owned and I am super paranoid about leaving it parked in public places, so all that makes me happy.
      01-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #16
Rgs M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Pure stage 2, Bm3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgs M4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you ask if there was a value limit for a single CPE claim and they responded have receipt and all will be covered?
No I didn't I'll make another call to State Farm and get this clarified
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #17
Alvinized52
@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Caught the Mod bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireHawk View Post
I've had my M3 for a short time. Drove it for a week during ED and 3 weeks back state side.

Today installed an AA midpipe, UCC Short shifter, CG VCS-2 exhaust control, turner oil cooler skid plate, winter wheels and tires.

The guys at the DYI garage I do work at were baffled that I put a virgin car under the knife so quickly. But hey, it's all about what makes you happy, right?

Coming from GM muscle, I was very impressed with the fit of all the parts, easiest bolt-ons I've ever done. I enjoyed seeing the time & engineering that has gone into the BMW and all the aftermarket parts.

I'm hooked!!

Spring can't come soon enough, I want to track this car.
Welcome to the club!!! If you are smart, leave this forum now... And don't look at my mod thread if you know whats good for you!! 😂

I modded my car right away within 2 days from dealer pickup. In fact, I've ran out of things to mod on my car. Luckily for me, I was really good at getting "sponsored" parts for free or heavily discounted.
Appreciate 0