Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

10-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Mafiaboy
Rep
Drives: M3 2016 Silverstone II

Wheel spacers make and problem

Guys few quick question...bought some wheel spacers form local performance guys. The shop does Ferrari lambo etc so quality shop. Picked them up second hand off a car they had just fitted them on but owner decided to change the wheels so actually new but got some discount.

Firstly they have a logo of a sword (Arabic style) are black and have plastic sprigots that fit on the center hub on the car. The wheel rests on this for support. Anyone know what make these are and is the plastic sprigot strong enough to take the weight as I know the bolts will break under pressure if the wheel does not rest on the hub.

Also I have a slight vibration above 130km/h. Not bad but there. The front left tyre is slightly out of round can this be the cause of the vibration, will the spacer amplify this as without it there is no vibration. Wheels and tyres were rd force balanced with a hunter machine.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Better get this checked out. Sounds like there is a problem with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafiaboy View Post
Guys few quick question...bought some wheel spacers form local performance guys. The shop does Ferrari lambo etc so quality shop. Picked them up second hand off a car they had just fitted them on but owner decided to change the wheels so actually new but got some discount.

Firstly they have a logo of a sword (Arabic style) are black and have plastic sprigots that fit on the center hub on the car. The wheel rests on this for support. Anyone know what make these are and is the plastic sprigot strong enough to take the weight as I know the bolts will break under pressure if the wheel does not rest on the hub.

Also I have a slight vibration above 130km/h. Not bad but there. The front left tyre is slightly out of round can this be the cause of the vibration, will the spacer amplify this as without it there is no vibration. Wheels and tyres were rd force balanced with a hunter machine.
Never heard of the spacers you are describing.

If you have an existing vibration, get this taken care of before adding spacers.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Mafiaboy
Rep
Drives: M3 2016 Silverstone II

car is going back to shop they going to check it out....

here are the spacers found them online....made by ST suspension

Appreciate 0