R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

09-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

Curbed Wheel...

Well it finally happened. I knew from the moment I saw those beautiful back 20" 666's with their lovely low profile that they would be hard to keep unblemished.

So today while parking I heard that dreaded sound "crunch."

I nicked the wheel ever so slightly. But the car is new and any imperfection is catastrophic!! (Not really, I know.)

Anyway, I can live with it. Barely noticeable unless you KNOW it's there.

But are there is there an easy ( and inexpensive) fix to this? Something I can do at home, or that a local boutique garage (specializing in German cars) around the corner can do??

Here are some pics. Again, not the end of the world but still. Dang it!!

P.S.

I did this today on my way to purchase this Glock 21 SF. I love having the .45 acp round in the Glock platform!
Attached Images

09-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
SCRPN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 MR 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negtvions View Post
Well it finally happened. I knew from the moment I saw those beautiful back 20" 666's with their lovely low profile that they would be hard to keep unblemished.

I nicked the wheel ever so slightly. But the car is new and any imperfection is catastrophic!! (Not really, I know.)

But are there is there an easy ( and inexpensive) fix to this? Something I can do at home, or that a local boutique garage (specializing in German cars) around the corner can do??

P.S.

I did this today on my way to purchase this Glock 21 SF. I love having the .45 acp round in the Glock platform!
Did you purchase any wheel and tire package? If not, you can take it to a wheel shop. They simply sand the entire edge of the rim down to a layer where it is not visible anymore. They dont touch the rest of the wheel, so no need to have the entire wheel painted. I had BMW do it for mine which they outsource to a local shop. I noticed there was curve to the wheel when I got it back. Sort of bothering but at least its gone.
      09-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPN View Post
Quote:

P.S.

Did you purchase any wheel and tire package? If not, you can take it to a wheel shop. They simply sand the entire edge of the rim down to a layer where it is not visible anymore. They dont touch the rest of the wheel, so no need to have the entire wheel painted. I had BMW do it for mine which they outsource to a local shop. I noticed there was curve to the wheel when I got it back. Sort of bothering but at least its gone.
Thanks for the suggestion man.. I'll give it a shot.

How much was that work?
      09-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #4
SCRPN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 MR 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

P.S.

How much was that work?
No problem, it was included in the wheel and tire package I purchased from the dealer when I initially bought the car.
      09-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #5
DrtyJrze
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

P.S.

How much was that work?
It?s about $200, max.