BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
schwrink3r
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d ///M PACK

Exclamation [HELP the newbie] Replace Business with Professional

Hello everybody,

I'm new to BMW's eco system and I've recently bought a used 2008 BMW 120d cabrio (E88), with Business CD, no iDrive, no Bluetooth, nor USB just AUX which i don't really use, i love my cars sound quality, but not the head unit!!

All i really want is to play mp3 over USB, and Bluetooth, so i tough i could install a Professional HU and voilą, problem solved!!
But from what i've been reading, that's not true, it isn’t plug&play, i have to code the car to accept the new HU, bummer!! I don't have steering wheels commands, so all i need it to keep the chimes, the sound quality and the back sensors.

I now know i have to have all of this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/322446690313), the Professional HU with Bluetooth, the USB PORT+CABLE and the MIC + CABLE.

My question is, how the hell do i code the car if i need?? Where do i go inside NCS Expert, and what are the options i need to change?

I know it requires a DCAN cable and NCS Expert to code the car, just haven't bought nothing yet, until i have some help!

Any help is apreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by schwrink3r; 08-07-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0