ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Remote Start?

Anyone know of a good quality remote starter that will work with a DCT F80 M3?

I dont wanna go full aftermarket alarm if I dont have to. Whatever solution needs to be done right, and good quality. No cheap shit.

Does such a thing exist?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post

I dont wanna go full aftermarket alarm if I dont have to. Whatever solution needs to be done right, and good quality. No cheap shit.

Does such a thing exist?
I do not believe such thing exists. I know they created a retrofit one for the 5 series and the new ones have it, but I do not think the F80 has one unless you go full aftermarket alarm. It does not have an easy/simple ignition system like dodge and chevys have
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:

Does such a thing exist?
Not really. More importantly why? It's a really expensive feature to waste gas.

You can do auto-ventilate your car, open your windows remotely, and even start your car then lock it without the key inside. There are many options.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
Quote:

Does such a thing exist?

You can do auto-ventilate your car, open your windows remotely, and even start your car then lock it without the key inside. There are many options.
For those of us who have lived in colder climates, remote start is a god send, which I’m sure you would know in the northeast
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
For those of us who have lived in colder climates, remote start is a god send, which I’m sure you would know in the northeast
Having owned remote start in a previous vehicle, and owning 7 consecutive BMWs, between the heated steering wheel, heated seats, and the fast heat in our cars, I actually disagree.

But hey, enough people want it that it's available on the X5 as an option. Many may chime in with all of the downsides to having the car idle, but again to each his own.

I don't see this as a possible option, although I'm sure one could get creative since the X5 has it as an option... where was that thread that said all BMW parts are interchangable?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Having owned remote start in a previous vehicle, and owning 7 consecutive BMWs, between the heated steering wheel, heated seats, and the fast heat in our cars, I actually disagree.

But hey, enough people want it that it's available on the X5 as an option. Many may chime in with all of the downsides to having the car idle, but again to each his own.

I don't see this as a possible option, although I'm sure one could get creative since the X5 has it as an option... where was that thread that said all BMW parts are interchangable?
Good for you man . For those of us that had to live without the luxury of heated seats and steering wheels, a remote start kept us warm. I change cars every 2-3 years, I could honestly care less if there are 100,000 mile repercussions to long idles.

So we agree, to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 12:07 AM   #7
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
- or those who live in Florida in the summer... its effing hot. lol
Appreciate 2