BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Oil Buildup in Chargepipe, Throttle Body, errors 28B4 28AB

Whats up guys!

I am having trouble with some errors and excessive oil in the chargepipe, going up to the throttle body. A little background first.

I have a 2011 135i N55 6speed. It if full bolt on, methanol injected, and upgraded to VTT Stage 2 Turbo. Jb4 is installed along with COBB back flash.

Recently, I had to replace the eccentric shaft and vanos actuator, and the valve cover (used valve cover).

Now I am getting the following errors 3157, 2C90, 287F, 28B4, 28AB. Of these errors, the ones that persist with this problem are 28B4 and 28AB. In the dash, the DCS and BRAKE lights error come up too.

After checking a lot of things, I got to clean the chargepipe and throttle body, finding that there was a lot of oil in them. So after I clean the throttle body and chargepipe, the error doesnt come up for some weeks, so I suspect it has to do with it.

Also, when Im driving and the error comes up, I clear the memory and erase the codes. But If i dont inmediately do a WOT (thinking that the air will clean the ducts and push the oil out) then the error comes back right away. So its as if the pressure pushes the oil out of the way, but the error still comes back, just takes a little longer to come up.

I thought that maybe it is the turbo blowing oil, but Tony from VTT said that he is almost positive that the Turbo isint to blame, but instead a poor PCV system.

The error comes up when I am driving slow, especially when the I let go of the pedal while the gear is still in.

Please help with this problem, its starting to be very annoying and sometimes the error causes the car to loose power completely, needing to restart it in the middle of the street.

Thank guys as always!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #2
Stewy_604
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i M-Sport

You could always try an OCC, if it is indeed the PCV system causing the problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

BMS OCC Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy_604 View Post
You could always try an OCC, if it is indeed the PCV system causing the problem.
I have a BMS OCC installed. But everytime I go and clean it, it barely has any oil in it. Also, this OCC bypases the intake. But this oil is going from the turbo, into the intercooler, and then into the chargepipe, leading it to the throttle body. So the OCC in this case isint helping.
Appreciate 0