Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Where to get Laser Interceptor and Valentine One Installed?

Hello,

Before you tell me to post this in the regional section, I did and only got one reply for a shop in Long Island.

I just purchased an M3 and have a valentine one from my previous car that I would like hardwired and a laser interceptor that I would like installed. I am located in Stamford CT, but am willing to travel anywhere in CT to find a high-end shop to do the install. I don't really care about cost, I want it done right. Does anyone know of a good high-end shop in the CT area? I don't want a place that has a giant LED sign in the window that says we do tints and remote starter installs haha

Thank you
      04-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelalex17 View Post
Hello,

Before you tell me to post this in the regional section, I did and only got one reply for a shop in Long Island.

I just purchased an M3 and have a valentine one from my previous car that I would like hardwired and a laser interceptor that I would like installed. I am located in Stamford CT, but am willing to travel anywhere in CT to find a high-end shop to do the install. I don't really care about cost, I want it done right. Does anyone know of a good high-end shop in the CT area? I don't want a place that has a giant LED sign in the window that says we do tints and remote starter installs haha

Thank you
Bump
      04-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #3
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Bump
contact the MECP organization for a list of people and retailers that employ MECP credentialed people.

www.mecp.com

Alternatively, Tom from EAS has a V1 hardwiring guide floating around some where. It's super easy to do and no need to pay a shop to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Quote:
Bump
contact the MECP organization for a list of people and retailers that employ MECP credentialed people.

www.mecp.com

Alternatively, Tom from EAS has a V1 hardwiring guide floating around some where. It's super easy to do and no need to pay a shop to do it.
Understood, but would still like a recommendation for a good shop as that is the route I am going with. Am surprised more people haven't chimed in here. I thought everyone with this car would be running laser jammers and radar haha
      04-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Understood, but would still like a recommendation for a good shop as that is the route I am going with. Am surprised more people haven't chimed in here. I thought everyone with this car would be running laser jammers and radar haha
any shop that employs a MECP professional is most likely legit. Most of these electronic and car audio shops just have regular guys that tinker with shit. While I'm sure those guys are still good, the MECP certification shows that you take your hobby/business/enthusiasm seriously. It'll certainly help weed out the shitty places. Just explain to them what you are looking for and I'm sure they'll be able to provide a few spots. Maybe ask them if there are any MECP master professionals in the area.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Quote:
any shop that employs a MECP professional is most likely legit. Most of these electronic and car audio shops just have regular guys that tinker with shit. While I'm sure those guys are still good, the MECP certification shows that you take your hobby/business/enthusiasm seriously. It'll certainly help weed out the shitty places. Just explain to them what you are looking for and I'm sure they'll be able to provide a few spots. Maybe ask them if there are any MECP master professionals in the area.
Again appreciate the help but if anyone has any personal experience with a high end shop I would greatly appreciate the recommendation